Well Kids, I'm pretty excited!!

So, It's been a minute since I pos"T"ed here.......

I'm, driving the car to work tomorrow, the first road trip since the temps dipped below 110^ in quite awhile. I'm still shaking a few issues unrelated to the engine build out, but it's just time for a drive......

The high will only be 100^ on 9/12, so a mini road trip is in order.

Taking her to work tomorrow, where 12 or 13 guys who have never seen this car will do so for the for the first time. Several more who know what she is will see a new look (or not...)..........

This should be fun.......... :cool:

Finally

An appreciable drop in temps.
People are excited around here it was “ only “ 99 degrees for a couple days.

So, It's been a minute since I pos"T"ed here.......

I'm, driving the car to work tomorrow, the first road trip since the temps dipped below 110^ in quite awhile. I'm still shaking a few issues unrelated to the engine build out, but it's just time for a drive......

The high will only be 100^ on 9/12, so a mini road trip is in order.

Taking her to work tomorrow, where 12 or 13 guys who have never seen this car will do so for the for the first time. Several more who know what she is will see a new look (or not...)..........

This should be fun.......... :cool:

So, how did that go? And did anyone hurt their jaws (from dropping when they saw it)?? And did u video any of it???

Enquiring Minds want to know,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car ran like a dream. I did a 25 mile each way trip and with the exception of a wacky acting AFR meter, there were no issues. Gonna delve into that meter thing this weekend. That, in turn, kept me from romping on it, so it was just your basic city street/freeway drive. Gave one guy a ride and went to 10lbs of boost. His eyes were like saucers. :LOL:

Most of the guys had never seen anything like it. They are a younger bunch and all Honda/ Subaru, newer car guys. One off them said "I like the alternator", which is chrome. One of his peers came back with "All of that going on there and the ALTERNATOR is what stands out to you?" Cracked the whole bunch up. Lots of questions after that. It was cool to educate them a little bit about our cars.

I didn't video (i'm horrible about that kind of stuff) but the kids in the shop sure did a bunch of it.

Yes, it's a GN1 3 inch stainless steel setup. It's awesome.

As to the wacky A/F ratio gauge, this is what happens when you try to save a li'l money on a sensor......

The correct part costs about $110 with tax, I bought, let's say, more than one (ranging from $48 to $68) in my attempt to save a few bucks......... SMH. I knew better......

Took one of the correct sensors, a Bosch piece made for Auto Meter, off of my buddy's car and lo-and-behold, the meter reads right! Dammit to hell!

Can I get a drop to 100* sometime this evening to test the damn thing out at WOT? AMEN!

Once that's done and proven, it's time to start tuning this bad boy to run to it's REAL new potential. Come on October's cool evenings!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good news!!

AFR's went to 10.0 at WOT tonight. They were reading in the 17's at WOT.

We had added 5% fuel and turned the alky all the way, up fearing the worst, when we were thinking we may have had a FP issue or something even more odd going on according to the AFR gauge and, as it urns out, a bad FP gauge AND a bad AFR sensor are most likely the issue..... Can't say FOR SURE right now, but everything sure leans toward those two things.

Who woulda thunk? Stuff just happens when a car sits idle for some 2 years......AND you try to save money on silly things....

Now it's back to basics. Disconnect the orange wire and start tuning all over again tomorrow, or as the hot weather permits.

Thanks for following along and for all the encouragement, guys!

Last edited:
Hi TurboTGuy! Lou did a fine job... Car sounds great! Is your GN1 exhaust a dual exhaust? Looking forward to your track adventures! Keep up the great posts..

Hi TurboTGuy! Lou did a fine job... Car sounds great! Is your GN1 exhaust a dual exhaust? Looking forward to your track adventures! Keep up the great posts..

Yes, it is a dual exhaust system.

Lou did do an incredible job, as he always does. You guys who may be thinking of having him do something for you, you should step up and move fast.:eek:

Jus' sayin'.

What I said in post 212 doesn't mean I'm out of the woods by any means, but I'm closer..... :D

Last edited:
I can’t remember if you upgraded your fuel system while the car was down or you were thinking about it?

Either way I’m sure you will figure it out fast.

I can’t remember if you upgraded your fuel system while the car was down or you were thinking about it?

Either way I’m sure you will figure it out fast.

I upgraded to an Innovate Fuel System w/ a DW460 pump but I'm doubting that's the issue. Joe Telesca, the guy who developed the system, is taking a look at everything this coming week, just in case.

I upgraded to an Innovate Fuel System w/ a DW460 pump but I'm doubting that's the issue. Joe Telesca, the guy who developed the system, is taking a look at everything this coming week, just in case.

I have had the same fuel system from Joe for a few years. It has been completely reliable and Joe was very supportive when we installed.
You will love it because you won't have to think about it. :)

Sounds like you are well on your way to tweaking it the way you want it. Congrats, hope to make a trip to Phoenix and check it out.

Joe had me rewire a few things to make his system perform the way it should.

Glad you have his support

Joe had me rewire a few things to make his system perform the way it should.

Glad you have his support

I'm fortunate in that Joe is local to me. :) I have a couple of other goodies to install that I will be enlisting his assistance with while the car is there.

I'm fortunate in that Joe is local to me. :) I have a couple of other goodies to install that I will be enlisting his assistance with while the car is there.
Better give him shit about that car that's been on the rack for over a year. It's not suppose to be a display piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk