Weldon 1000-A Fuel Pump

1of1547

Village Idiot!!!
Does anyone have any experience with the Weldon 1000-A Fuel Pump // WELDON RACING PUMPS // 1100 HP Inline Fuel Pump -- Weldon Racing Pumps . It looks like a bridge between the 2015 and the 2025 pumps. Their website does not have any technical information about it other than the basics. Which is unusual for Weldon. All of their other pumps have flow charts. It looks like it could be a new or discontinued pump. That may explain the lack of information. I currently am running a Aeromotive A1000 and don't think it is going to be able to handle the new turbo. I've thought about the Eliminator, but heard it has a shorter life span than most of their other Aeromotive pumps. Plus I am getting tired of converting Aeromotive's lbs per hour ratings into gallons per hour like everyone else in the industry does!!! :D

1lb/hr fuel will support 2hp

they rate the a1000 at 600lb/hr
thats 1200hp potential

if you want divide x 6.35 for gallons

I"ve been running the eliminator in my car for years even drove from BG to Chicago the other year but I run their controller. And my car makes 606 rwhp. My street car that is.

Steve

Just wanted to update the thread. I talked to Jim @ Weldon (thanks Brent) and he took the time to listen and answer all of my questions. It is a new pump that is just coming out. He more or a less told me that 1100A is a inline version of the 2015 and it would work great for my car. He also said that it is streetable without the fuel pump controller, AS long as I do not get caught in heavy traffic. Situations such as accidents, train crossings, 20 mile back ups, etc will heat it up just like any other "big" pump.

aeromotive claims the same heat problems with the a1000 and driving over 30minutes and to keep tank above 3/4 to have enough reserve of cool fuel to offset the warm returning fuel or run their fuel controller to slow the pump down

seems to me it would be really easy to run an oil cooler as a fuel cooler in the return side (low pressure side) to prevent the dreaded warm fuel issues , but ive never heard any mention of anyone doing it :dunno: