Weird text editing behavior

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
This started yesterday. When trying to edit text, the keyboard gets closed and you can only delete 1 character at a time. Video attached for better explanation. Only happens on this board, not others I visit. Rebooted mobile device, verified settings etc.
Anyone else notice this? Frustrating.

Buckshot G/N

Android... First I loose keyboard function follow by loosing cursor, than a great big ad appears covering the entire screen.

KC87

Never had a problem using a chromebook.
Now we can read what you really think of us and y'all can't delete it. :p

Buckshot G/N

Still screwed up, I thought yesterday for about a half of day or so that the problem was fixed ,was operating find then all hell broke loose again and hasn't cease. Back on the old laptop posting. I'm wondering does the problem stems from our brand of phone .I have a Samsung S9 plus. No one with and IPhone has chimed in ,all Android ?

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
I know this isn't of any priority for anyone ( :rolleyes: ) so here are my findings;

- Deleted the default keyboard (Samsung keyboard) cache and memory . . . No change
- Installed google keyboard, and set it as default. Problem solved.
- Called Samsung tech line and shared the issue and fix for this site. They will add it to their log.

Buckshot G/N

Seems to be functioning properly now, are is it just a hoax ? I even ran a few test ,in miss spelling , inserting cursor bar in different area. ALL'S GOOD.,at less in this reply no problem ?

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
No idea. Mine didn't work until I started using the G**** keyboard. This started about right around the time we started seeing issues uploading pics. Don't remember exactly.