Weird shifting. Any advice...? First few drives of the year.

Antbankstwo3

I have been trying to chase down this weird shift on my car. I start to notice it coming off the freeway - it seems to down shift a little harder than normal coming to a stop. Where it’s REALLY noticeable is when I start to drive again it shifts fine between 1st & 2nd BUT between 2nd & 3rd the RPM’s really drop and it kind of has a “bogging” sound/feel to it. Like it’s struggling to pick up speed. During this time I can actually almost floor the gas pedal and it won’t accelerate like normal. However, fuel pressure will stay normal. Then a few seconds later it will pick up like normal driving.

Things I’ve changed to see if it had any effect:

New MAF
New Coil
New Spark Plugs
Verified Fuel Pressure

Any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:
Winner! Get yourself a tranny filter and gasket kit with new oil. I like the universal 700r4 lock up solenoid and instructions are easy. Keep us posted

Thanks everyone for replying! I am now pretty certain that’s it as well. I’ll check back in once it’s fixed.

Just picked it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Start with 4, run it and check . I alway run mine a little over full ( 1 quart)

Start with 4, run it and check . I alway run mine a little over full ( 1 quart)

Thank you! Another question, on the pan gasket do you apply any sealant or RTV? I bought the fiber style gasket. I’ve never used it before.

NEVER put sealant , there is a hole in the rail to release oil and you might clog it. I use the cork ones. I am hoping RJC will have a gasket made like his thicker valve cover and oil pan gaskets.