Weird noise coming from my instrument cluster.....

313badbuick

A V6!!!!
As the title state, I have a weird noise coming from my instrument cluster which sounds like broken glass rattling around inside which drives me nuts! Have anyone ever had this issue and if so what is the solution to fix it. Thanks in advance.

If my speedo needle “vibrates” while I’m going a steady speed would this indicate the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means it's worn out. When the needle gets bouncy enough, your cruise control will stop working.

Lubing a worn cable is a bad idea. Even if it works, there's a chance lube will make its way up to the speedo head and fling shit all over the bezel.

That means it's worn out. When the needle gets bouncy enough, your cruise control will stop working.

Lubing a worn cable is a bad idea. Even if it works, there's a chance lube will make its way up to the speedo head and fling shit all over the bezel.
Do you have a part number for the speedo cable?

"Lubing a worn cable is a bad idea. Even if it works, there's a chance lube will make its way up to the speedo head and fling shit all over the bezel".
Earl is no doubt, referring to his favorite "lube", KY. :oops: :D
There are dry lubes that work just fine....Of course, Earl wouldn't be into that...…{Or, on 2nd thot, he may be!}:p

I lubed mine, was okay for a while, noise back again. I used a light grease. Noise seems to be coming from the bezel?
In for the info