Weird no start issue.

slow305

One Cool Guy
So, I have a weird problem. My car was in storage for three years while I was overseas. I just got back a few days ago and changed all the fluids/filters and the car started right up like it had been started yesterday. I couldn't believe it. So I went out there today to diagnose an AC issue I was having just before I parked it. It fired right up and I let the idle settle down. When it did, I moved the switch to A/C and everything just died. Car died and no power to anything. I moved the key to off and tried to restart....nothing. In OFF, the security light blinks, but locks don't work. In ACC, the clock to the radio comes on, but when I hit the power button, it dies completely and takes a minute for the clock to even come on in off. In RUN, no security light, no gauges, no nothing. Sometimes the gauges will come alive, but everything will die again when I turn the key to START. All the fuses are good. Where should I look for this?

Check the power wire to the starter and the three fusable links by the starter

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For now turn off A/C and radio, check all fuse panel and also check the NO START TREE PDF file.

Attachments

• NO START TREE.pdf
    709.2 KB · Views: 74
  • FusePanel.jpg
    FusePanel.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 64
  • fusepanels.pdf
    718.7 KB · Views: 89
Awesome, I was looking for this. Before I saw this, I was just out trying to troubleshoot the problem and I decided to take a look at the two relays on the drivers side wheel well. It looks like the plastic around the plugs are a bit fried, but it looks like it could be some black sealant or something. Anyway, apparently cycling the plugs in and out a couple times fixed the issue. Car runs fine now and doesn't shut down when I engage the A/C. Thanks for the help!