Weight loss surgery advice.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Been looking at weight loss surgery for many years. Have done a bit of research. I know the difference in procedures. Have 2 friends that have done the surgury. I am at the borderline weight recommend. If I lost 1 pound I would technically be a non candidate. The new updated recommendation has lowered much of the requirement. Thought is.... if you reach a massively obese state.... then recommend surgery..... a lot of damage to the body, mind and life quality has already occurred. Finally spoke with a surgeon....looks like I will be approved for surgery and insurance should cover it. The surgeon recommended the gastric sleeve method. Though my research...thought the bypass would be the best.... but the dr said it was a much more invasive surgery and for a more obese person. Guess the sleeve is my only option. Would love to hear from my Tb.com family. Sounds really off topic.....but I get the best advice from this forum... over the past 20 years I turn to tb.com first for the most mature answers and opinions.

Also, thanks in advance...but dont need dieting advice. 40yrs of dieting...20yrs in the military. Health problems adding up. The surgury will be happening.

THAT IS a tough decision for sure , I have no idea on any procedure but would go with less invasive and listen to the doctors on that one and go see multiple doctors for their opinions, usually like everything the older ones with the most experience who have done many procedures are the best . there is a lot to be said for research and experience , I have just recently been diagnosed as border line diabetes , one guy in my neighborhood I would see just walking around the block maybe half mile or mile every night , he has actually lost so much weight in a year , just by walking for 20-30 minutes every night , I sweat my ass of every day and have been walking more lost 15 lbs and my conditions have gotten better I cut out the 2-3 beers during the week and actually eat pickles now for a snack LOL
good luck with your health

I know several people who have had the surgery done with great results. They are happy and proud. Its more psychological than anything. They still battle with food and bad habits, but they can now exercise and live a much better life

Yup natural is the best. Years/decades of yo yo weight loss and gain. This has wrecked my metabolism. Have lost and gained 10, 30 50 80lbs etc. Up and down. Loosing 25 pounds for a military weigh in was a part of my routine. So surgury its gotta be. Would love to hear if anyone has had any surgury... good...bad ...experiences.

Don’t waste your money. I had both lap band in 09 and gastric bypass in 12. If you’re not ready to change your lifestyle it’s all coming back on. Go to a support group meeting and talk with a few who had it.

Yup natural is the best. Years/decades of yo yo weight loss and gain. This has wrecked my metabolism. Have lost and gained 10, 30 50 80lbs etc. Up and down. Loosing 25 pounds for a military weigh in was a part of my routine. So surgury its gotta be. Would love to hear if anyone has had any surgury... good...bad ...experiences.
I understand what your saying.but there is no long term solution other than discipline,in the food and mainly in the active area.i have found that it is harder for people to change the diet long term than to increase activity.you can literally walk your way into shape with enough hikes.

my good friend had (not sure of the technical name) stomach reduction, where they removed over half of her stomach,
what a life style change! she attended support meeting ( and said they were a huge help) she lost over 125 lbs, and now 25yrs later, is still looking very good, she commented on one method was more of gimmick , and failure prone, where as more indepth method was more successful. sorry don't know the names of each procedure,
when we would go to dinner, everyone wanted her to eat larger portions, she was steady in her portion control, and her health issues have disappeared, its your choice, ( your life) but speak to more then one dr,

Ryan don't do it. The Gastric Sleeve has nothing but complications in terms of the byproduct. Just have patience, and follow the Snake Diet. Cole will get you there fast, but you have to do what he says. Please consider this, and do not get the surgery. Cole is very rough and hardcore, but he WILL help you!

Lawrence Malcheff lost 400 pounds in 11 months doing the Snake Diet BTW;

- Rob

Been looking at weight loss surgery for many years. Have done a bit of research. I know the difference in procedures. Have 2 friends that have done the surgury. I am at the borderline weight recommend. If I lost 1 pound I would technically be a non candidate. The new updated recommendation has lowered much of the requirement. Thought is.... if you reach a massively obese state.... then recommend surgery..... a lot of damage to the body, mind and life quality has already occurred. Finally spoke with a surgeon....looks like I will be approved for surgery and insurance should cover it. The surgeon recommended the gastric sleeve method. Though my research...thought the bypass would be the best.... but the dr said it was a much more invasive surgery and for a more obese person. Guess the sleeve is my only option. Would love to hear from my Tb.com family. Sounds really off topic.....but I get the best advice from this forum... over the past 20 years I turn to tb.com first for the most mature answers and opinions.

Also, thanks in advance...but dont need dieting advice. 40yrs of dieting...20yrs in the military. Health problems adding up. The surgury will be happening.
If you don't mind me askin how much do you weigh? I only ask to get an idea what people think is "obese". Have you tried any personal trainers? I have always felt that is the key to staying shape. I've seen many a personal trainers get truly obese people back in shape. For example, right now I weigh about 365 and that's a little heavy for me. I've been a weightlifter and recreational boxer my whole life and pretty much always looked and felt the same unit recently from studying for my Cisco exams. Also, I've always thought it's more how you look and feel then a number on a scale or what a doctor tells you. I once told a doctor that I'd rather be dead then look like him. (that's the asshole in me) Though I will say as of recently it's been hard for me to find time to work out. I spend all my spare time studying for my Cisco exams and as a result I feel/look out of shape so I can relate to what you're saying.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

After 75 yrs. of life I've I totally agree with what my Primary Dr., my Cardiologist, my podiatrist, & my eye surgeon say about weight control & losing weight. I've decided there's nothing wrong with being fat. Or skinny. I'm going to die anyway. I eat 4 ex lge scrambled eggs & 5-7 pork sausage links every day. Every night I look forward to breakfast the next day.

bacon & ham both have way too much salt & will increase my blood pressure in a heartbeat.

In about 235. 48yrs old. Just diagnosed with diabetes. 20yrs in the military. If they couldn't keep it off....
I have a 3yr old. Just wanna be around for him. Insurance came back and approved the surgery. Looking for anyone who has experienced the surgery.