Weighing budget hydroboost options

Like I've said earlier, click add to cart and try to check out. They dont have it. I appreciate you looking. I've exhausted my options for a reman, got one out of a junkyard in Canada

I'll second this sentiment...there seemingly isn't a single reman'd 84/85 booster in North America at the moment...and good luck trying to source one from recyclers/wreckers, they either don't have any left or are unwilling to take your money because "they can't gaurantee them" :-/

Looks like I better start saving my pennies for a booster that costs triple what I had budgeted...

I've been looking. It seems the booster is hard to find these days. Maybe this but it would require a different mounting bracket.

Scoggin Dickey is a no go either...I placed an order last week & they just got back to me this morning saying they had to cancel my order as they don't have any available (and by the sounds of it, have no intention of sourcing or re-stocking)...

Apparently rock auto offers a rebuild service where you send yours in.

If you are handy, there isn't much inside a hydroboost. You can overhaul it your self if you can find a used one.
I bought the kit but haven't had to use it yet.

I have 2. The one that’s on the car is aftermarket with the external accumulator and has started to leak. I’ve ordered a rebuild kit and if that’s successful I’d be willing to part with the second stock type.

Due to my schedule It will be a few weeks before I get it done.

I have 2. The one that’s on the car is aftermarket with the external accumulator and has started to leak. I’ve ordered a rebuild kit and if that’s successful I’d be willing to part with the second stock type.

Due to my schedule It will be a few weeks before I get it done.
whats the aftermarket one you mention? is it a straight bolt on or use a custom bracket??

i got my booster from the junkyard in canada, and they sent a vacuum unit... cant catch a break with this

I put one of these in 20 years ago. It’s exactly the same bolt pattern and hose layout as a stock 84 system and the bracket was the same as the stock system but it was mounted in the bracket 180 deg. out so you need braided hoses and couldn’t use stock hoses.

I liked the stock hose look so I bought a stock booster. When I saw they were the same except for the external accumulator I just removed it from the bracket and turned it over.

Now, what about a hydro boost off an 81 regal? I think they are considered an A-body, but the wheelbase is the same as an 87 and came be found relatively easily

From what I've seen they're all the same except the mounting brackets and possibly the hydraulic fittings which I had to change on the aftermarket one to use stock hoses. Could be wrong though.

Sorry I havent made any progress yet, it's been too damn hot out, and my garage has been currently occupied by a 74 dodge that's getting resurrected. I will get to this soon

Now, what about a hydro boost off an 81 regal? I think they are considered an A-body, but the wheelbase is the same as an 87 and came be found relatively easily
Should work. Pix?
Pretty sure that 78 and later were referred to as Gbody when the platform was downsized from the colonnade style.