Weber Performance Products

bad V6

With the aid of Lee Thompson and John Bruce, we got a new stroked roller motor installed into my '87 GN last week. The engine fired right up at the first turn of the key and runs great. The car drives out wonderfully and has noticibly more torque at 2-3# of boost. I can't wait to see what this thing will do turned up into the 22-25# range, I believe it will be a BEAST. Thanks go out to Bryan, Dave, Bill and Sean.

Thanks for the nice comments bad V6. :)

Please let us know how it runs once your finished tuning. And if at any time you ever have any questions, please let us know.

~ Bill

With the aid of Lee Thompson and John Bruce, we got a new stroked roller motor installed into my '87 GN last week. The engine fired right up at the first turn of the key and runs great. The car drives out wonderfully and has noticibly more torque at 2-3# of boost. I can't wait to see what this thing will do turned up into the 22-25# range, I believe it will be a BEAST. Thanks go out to Bryan, Dave, Bill and Sean.
Ditto on that!! Mine now has 1400 miles and will smoke the tires at 55mph!!! Very nice build and I love the sound of a rolling motor!!!

new stroker engine

I just received my new stroker roller motor from Weber last Thurs, I'm about a third of the way putting it in. Bryan, Bill, and Sean did a great job. I am going to send some pics to Weber when its finished(hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Andy

I'm planning on making a few passes at the GS Nationals. There is a NMCA event in town at the end of this month, I'd say that it'll get tried out then ;).

Here are afew snapshots that I took.

Attachments

• 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 698
  • 100_0481.jpg
    100_0481.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 688
  • 100_0483.jpg
    100_0483.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 685
A couple more.

Attachments

• 100_0484.jpg
    100_0484.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 642
  • 100_0485.jpg
    100_0485.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 633
Yes, I'll be there also, Tuesday-Saturday. It's my home track, roughly 10 miles away. Myself and several of the locals will be parked behind the bleachers. Stop by sometime thru the week.

Runs great. Work schedule has me staying to busy right now to spend much time enjoying the car. So far I'm logging some miles with the boost set at 12#, and it is alot stronger running than the stock engine was at dialed in at 26-28#.

Hope that you are also able to enjoy the new Weber power plant soon.

Runs great. Work schedule has me staying to busy right now to spend much time enjoying the car. So far I'm logging some miles with the boost set at 12#, and it is alot stronger running than the stock engine was at dialed in at 26-28#.

Hope that you are also able to enjoy the new Weber power plant soon.

These types of threads are MUSIC to my ears.;)

I'm gald to here that everthing worked out with you motor and really glad to hear you can tell the difference in POWER.

Mine should be here in TWO WEEKS as well.:cool::cool:

Very nice. I like those valve covers too. Who makes those? Please post back when you run it. Also I would like to know your old combo if you can post it and the times it ran for comparison's sake.

They are TA Perfomance valve covers.

Old combo ran a best of 11.36 @ 116.97 MPH.
stock longblock (currently resting in the garage)
GT6152E
60# Mototron injectors
Alky Control
RJC power plate
MAFT Gen2 w/Extender Extreme chip and LC-1 WB
Cartek front mount intercooler
Pete Tomka CAI
ATR 3" single shot
Precision Industries Vigilante "0" pump

Waiting for some cooler and less humid conditions to make a pass. I'll keep you updated. Should be running in pretty good by the time the Nats come to town.

Ah, I see your old combo is close to mine. I'd be very interested to see the results of the new engine. I like that you are running the same in this combo too. It will be fun to see how close to "maxed out" you can get while saving money running what you got.

I'm hoping to run somewhere around a 10.6-10.7 quarter with the 6152. When it gets replaced, step down to a 10.0 with a turbo in the 67-70 range. I'm still undecided on which route to go with the turbo, but I am still adding parts to the car. Does it ever stop?

Nope! Do you have a roll bar? That's my sticking point. I'm not ready to cut up my car. I'd almost feel better if I found a roller and did that one.