WB O2 not reading questions

I

I1ULuz

Last week I compromised a copper headgasket and coolant in the exhaust.

I got the car running and now noticed that the WB O2 is not reading.

The heating element is working, no matter what it is reading 14.3 A/F, the signal voltage is not changing from 1.01.

Now for the questions,

Can a WB from a diffrent car work with my unit?

Where is the best (read cheapest) place to buy and new sensor.

Will the car run just off the VE tables and the other sensors, I am sure MPG will go down, but does the system have a Limp Home mode.

TIA

It's possible that the coolant damaged the sensor. If the UEGOS never drops to .45 volts, something is wrong with it. When the UEGOS never drops below 1 volt, it's almost always a bad heater.

You can check with any of our dealers for replacement sensors. The ECU is not dependant on the WB so you can certainly run without it. If your tuneup is pretty close, you may not even notice it missing.

Lance

Lance

The heater is working, you can see element glow and the unit gets hot.

I plugged my friends WB in (not grounded just holding it in my hand) and the system would not even display the lambda sign for the O2. Would not display Actual A/F, the box was pink with black numbers. Also it is displaying the "0" in the WB box on the dash board. His VEGOS reads .48.

I did not see where I could toggle the WB on or off.

Thanks

O2 sensor

Not an expert, but I recently had a problem with the Speed-Pro O2 sensor and had to get a replacement. The sensor has to calibrated to each ECU, which means you will need to load in a software update to get the sensor to work properly with your ECU. Hope that helps.

How do you get the software update? I take it that the seller will send the update with the new O2.
That could explain why the other O2 was not showing on the dashboard.

When you purchase a WBO2 replacement sensor, you also get a disk with the calibration data for that particular sensor. This data file is loaded as an option file from the C-Com software.

The ECU will always try to verify a correctly calibrated or properly operating WBO2 sensor before allowing closed loop operation.

Lance

Lance

Thanks, I was worried that the ECU was going bad and had to sent back in to be repaired. That explains why the WB symbol was missing.

Thanks again