wat do i need to convert an 85 gn to intercooled or dose someone make a kit???

I know there are a bunch of threads on this already, and it can be done to use the 86/7 setup but you basically need an 86/7 parts car from what i'm seeing and it is very pricy.I think there is a company that makes an intercooler setup for these cars but I cant think of who it is off the top of my head. I have been wondering myself if it would be feasible to make your own up and downpipe and move the charger a little, and somehow change the piping so you can have the throttle body on the compressed side of the charger. It may help with the lag i'm hearing about on these cars when you add an IC, but i'm not sure. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to turbo gas engines as all my knowledge comes from the diesel world where everything seems so much simpler, and my GN isn't even running yet

I know there are a bunch of threads on this already, and it can be done to use the 86/7 setup but you basically need an 86/7 parts car from what i'm seeing and it is very pricy.I think there is a company that makes an intercooler setup for these cars but I cant think of who it is off the top of my head. I have been wondering myself if it would be feasible to make your own up and downpipe and move the charger a little, and somehow change the piping so you can have the throttle body on the compressed side of the charger. It may help with the lag i'm hearing about on these cars when you add an IC, but i'm not sure. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to turbo gas engines as all my knowledge comes from the diesel world where everything seems so much simpler, and my GN isn't even running yet

I know someone has to make a conversion kit for sure i dont like the fact that my gn dosent have an ic and i know it will run cooler and give me more hp

just add alky injection and it will more than help unless your looking for 450+ hp... the installation is way easier..........

I guy around the Bowling Green Ky area has been running a 85 hot air in the high 11's for years now. He just added alky injection.

Convert HA car to IC car- Conversion parts list
All front engine accessory brackets with pulleys and belt tensioner
Complete intake with all sensors
1987 ignition module, coil, and all wiring for it
1987 hard metal heater lines on top of intake
1987 throttle body
1987 throttle cable
1987 MAF with air intake tube and air box
1987 detent cable
Downpipe
1987 catalytic converter
Drivers side oil fill neck
Passenger side header
Passenger side valve cover with vent tube
1987 transmission dipstick and tube
1987 heater core
1987 alternator, ac compressor, power steering pump with remote reservoir
A/C lines
1987 radiator hold down
1987 radiator
Oil cooler lines
Main engine wiring harness
1987 fuel lines
Intercooler with all brackets
Intercooler fan
Intercooler piping
Intercooler scoop
1987 air dams and deflector
1987 Turbo
Turbo brackets and heat shield
Turbo oil feed and return lines
Electric fans
All hardware including any nuts, bolts, or fasteners needed

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/need-help-with-85-to-87-conversion.250756/

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ha-ic-conversion-parts-list-help.318759/

:eek::eek: I had to scroll down to read the rest of that list. What's the price tag on that?

intercooled88s has it listed-
-Hot Air(84-85) conversion kit to Intercooled(86-87) $1800 Includes almost all the stock 87 parts needed to convert over to intercooled

It's really not work the effort unless you are tring to go all out. It just depends on how much power your tring to make.

I purchased a replacement motor ('87 T) and figured it was easy to convert my '84 GN at that point.

White Racing Alternator re-locator
Terry Houston Down Pipe
3" ATR Single Shot exhaust

Jack Cotton set up a Front Mount Intercooler set up for me.

S-10 Manual steering.

I had a Spearco at one point in time. (and another high end custom system... I actually got mine... then sold it .

thanks for the info. what about the fuel rail? i do have the intake top and botttom from a 87.
but no fuel rail on it. i plan to use my fuel rail.

got ya thanks for the info what about the fuel rail. i plan to use my current injectors.