Wasn't sure where to post this.

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
As some who are following along know, my og we4 took a hit. I have several leads on parts and such to repair it, and thanks to everyone who has helped.

I have another iron in the fire as it were. Let's say you came across a semi low miles car that someone took apart. Said vehicle is sitting on some pallets with the frame leaning against the wall. Let's say the Frame is stripped and has been notched. You know just for giggles. Front suspension is off, rear end was sold. But in said fantasy I have another car with some rust issues on the radar. Said to have a good frame and floor pans but doors and such not as much. Said fantasy vehicle has a bunch of the parts to put the WE4 back together. And would yield a rolling frame . This could theoretically be used to set this fantasy low miles car on and get it to my garage.

This brings the question. Can I pick up the rear end of the body by the trunk catch loop without hurting anything?

I'm theoretically going to pick up the front and set it across a 4x4 piece of wood held up by some tires/rims and this leaves the back and how to get it up so we can roll the chassis under it. I thought this would be way better for transport than trying to do just the bars body.

Tell me what it won't work or what you would do instead. I have six wheels/tires that measure about 30" tall stacked 3high on each side then the 4x4 wood. Slip the chassis under let it down bolt it with some of the fasteners and pull it up on the trailer and strap it down for transport.

Let me hear from ya.

Friend of mine picked up the body of his we4 by the trunk loop and it bent the rear panel outward. Tail lights stuck out past the trunk in the middle. We bent it back straight with a ratchet strap hooked to something on the front of the trunk. Not saying you shouldn’t do it, just give it additional support when you do.

I wouldn’t strip an entire other car to the frame just to transport a different body around. If you need parts off it and it’s a decent price I’m not saying not to buy it but I’d find alternate methods of transport.