washer

jlat

hello people; On my aftermarket magnetic oil pan drain plug and on my aftermarket trans. pan drain plug both came with a non metal washer. It might be plastic but I don't think they ever sealed properly meaning they leak. I think I siliconed them in the past but is there a better washer that works without leaking or siliconing?
IBBY

Parts stores near me sell a metal washer with a rubber type coating that seals good on oil pan drain plugs. Not sure what you are working with but that might work for you.

...the epdm seal bonded washers that TexasT mentioned do work well...you can also get aluminum and cooper crush washers ..from most parts stores ....the nylon ones dont seem to work as well ...

hello people; Does anyone know the washer size for a OEM oil pan drain plug? I'm measuring closer to 12 mm instead of the 10 mm I see for sale on line. I will be going to NAPA after work but I was wondering if any knew off the top of your head.
IBBY

How much are they? I'd just order some of each size and have some on hand for something else .

hello people; On my aftermarket magnetic oil pan drain plug and on my aftermarket trans. pan drain plug both came with a non metal washer. It might be plastic but I don't think they ever sealed properly meaning they leak. I think I siliconed them in the past but is there a better washer that works without leaking or siliconing?
IBBY
if your close to falls village ct stop by and ill give you a couple aluminum ones from when i worked on motorcycles and quads, kawasaki and honda used aluminum and suzuki had a crush washer like spark plugs.

hello people; I go to NAPA and I tell them what I want, he asks me the year and make and all that bla-bla. He comes back with two styles of washers. Oner is metal with rubber? in the middle of it and the other all rubber? I tell him I was looking for a crushable copper one. Then he comes back with a box of all types. I found a crushable one that's close to the correct size. I bought two crushable and one with the rubber insert for like $7. When I do use them I'll be back and tell the tale but all this for a washer.
IBBY