Warped header repair?

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Need some advice here on what to do with my warped stock header. I need to have the crack repaired and went to have the flange checked for flatness. It was warped. By about 1/8"... :eek: How the hell does that happen? Well my welder assured me he "clamped it down good". Well apparently not.

We bolted it to the spare head I have here and my buddy used a torch on the #5 tube to straighten it back out. We also heated up the flange itself.

Did I hurt the header itself by doing this? I should be able to use a gasket to get it to seal up now.

Thanks.

Scott

I feel you pain Scott. Had one welded here and he did a great job on the cracks but the flange was nasty. I went to the trouble of porting the header as well.:( I'll be looking at getting new flanges later for it because of how badly they're warped now.:mad:

I feel you pain Scott. Had one welded here and he did a great job on the cracks but the flange was nasty. I went to the trouble of porting the header as well.:( I'll be looking at getting new flanges later for it because of how badly they're warped now.:mad:

Yeah pretty much Charlie. My only two options are to fix this one or buy the TA set. We'll see what happens. I need to get rid of all the welding slag on the inside of the tubes. I do not want any of that getting loose and taking out my 62...

You might try cutting the flanges apart so that each one is seperate Scott. I remember some one saying it worked for some guys.:)