Wanted a built 200r4 or someone to build mine.

josh rosaaen

I Think my transmission is out so I'm looking for a new one. Or to have one built I want it to be able to handle 600hp. Something that would be good for a mid 10 et.

Rapid city,sd . Called shops around here and they said they could rebuild it but won't guarantee it and that the tranny pry wouldn't hold up

Rapid city,sd . Called shops around here and they said they could rebuild it but won't guarantee it and that the tranny pry wouldn't hold up
Thats why you need contact 1 of our supporting tranny vendors. We have the best 200 builders in the country right here on this site

I have new turbo 400 stage one for sale with trans brake from extreme automatics $1200

I've been looking at extreme automatics stage 2 tranny

X2,
Lonnie can fix you up with one of his Extreme Automatics stage 2 transmissions & Edge converter too.
Can't go wrong with any of the transmission builders on this forum though.

David Husek - Turbo Buick Performance
Chris - CK Performance
Vince Janis - Janis Transmissions
Dusty Bradford - Twisted 6 Racing (distributor for PTC Converters)

Don't forgot about Jimmy"s.... in the Chicagoland area... He builds a mean 200 also!

I can't see your combo on my phone.. but if its a track only car and you have the coin go with. Stage 3. If its a street car with occasional track visits the stage 2 should be perfect.

I can't see your combo on my phone.. but if its a track only car and you have the coin go with. Stage 3. If its a street car with occasional track visits the stage 2 should be perfect.
Yeah it's a street car pry only see a few visits to the 1/8 mile track with my drag radials this summer. The car dynoed with 445rwhp and 450torque with a bad leak in my plenum and not a great tune. I think it should be putting down 500hp. I was also looking at this tranny from turbo buick performance.http://www.turbobuickperformance.com/standard.htm

I would call and talk to the builders on the board and go with the builder that makes you feel comfortable because they all build good transmissions. I have talked to David Husek a time or two and he seems like a great guy and is willing to spend some time discussing your needs. I know Lonnie builds a good transmission and I have always heard good things about him so much so that I recommended him to a friend needing a C5 trans but things did not go well. My buddy got his transmission 9 months after paying for it and after being told it would take 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
i found a stock used trans here and swapped it in with my converter and it does the same thing so im thinking it has to be the converter thats shot. so im going to look for a new torque converter for now and try it out before i purchase a new tranny.