want to change my turbo on my stage2 but witch one ?

tybob

hi ,

i want change my old pt88 precision turbo on my stage car , the engine is a off center s2 whit champion heads , 1.65 rolller td ,bowlling green intake , diamond 9.0 piston , mechanic roller cam , 280ci , atr headers , 160 inj ,xfi 2.0 . jw trany , 3.42 gear .

i run the car on street and strip , best run on 1/8 is 5.89 119mph

i need something spool a lot faster in street but i still want to make the power to run low 9.

any susjestion ?

thanks for help

I would look into the Borg Warner 82mm FM billet wheel turbo. Will probably support more power and can be made with a variety of turbine options. They are not really expensive and very durable.

Reed at Work Turbo may have some good advice.

AG.

I would look into the Borg Warner 82mm FM billet wheel turbo. Will probably support more power and can be made with a variety of turbine options. They are not really expensive and very durable.

Reed at Work Turbo may have some good advice.

AG.

all take a look :) thanks

What other turbos have you ran? I'd be interested to see a 4 bolt 7168 or a 7175 on your car compared to the 88. Should spool faster and still flow enough air to enter the 8's right guys? With all the new tech, does he really need a wheel that big? I'm sure a lot of readers are looking at what has been done with billet 62, 67, and 71mm compressors and wondering the same.

If theirs a big budget id like to see a Gen2 pt-6870 spin away..:cigar:

My Precision DBB 76 R spools great behind my on center S2...I thought it would be slow but almost as fast as my 67 109.

What's the ex closing at .050" the way the cam is installed? What fuel are you using?

BPE2013@hotmail.com
ill send you my cam spec soon , i need to find my cards , i run 93 oct and 2 injector of alky on street and 116 at track , i have a xfi 2.0 , bowling green intake , 1.5 in spacer , 70 mm tb , champion gn1 stage 2 heads full match ported to intake , atr headers , tci stall , jw trany whit trans break , 160 inj , weldon fuel pump , 280 ci off center (diamon piston , corrello rods , crank speciality ) cotton fmic , cam is a custum grind from comp cams , i run full solid roller and td 1.65 roller , 3.5 dp whit external waste gate turbonetick ,

is a old set up and i want to refresh them , i just buy the xfi last year and is time for the turbo now

if you need more info let me know :)

thanks

ill send you my cam spec soon , i need to find my cards , i run 93 oct and 2 injector of alky on street and 116 at track , i have a xfi 2.0 , bowling green intake , 1.5 in spacer , 70 mm tb , champion gn1 stage 2 heads full match ported to intake , atr headers , tci stall , jw trany whit trans break , 160 inj , weldon fuel pump , 280 ci off center (diamon piston , corrello rods , crank speciality ) cotton fmic , cam is a custum grind from comp cams , i run full solid roller and td 1.65 roller , 3.5 dp whit external waste gate turbonetick ,

is a old set up and i want to refresh them , i just buy the xfi last year and is time for the turbo now

if you need more info let me know :)

thanks
Id need to know the intake and ex closing @ .050" as physically installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Id need to know the intake and ex closing @ .050" as physically installed.

ho , all the engine is at the machine shop for a refresh , i will take the measurement when i put it back together :)

Last edited by a moderator:
246 deg a .050 int…….238 deg a .050 ex…..112 lsa……701 lift int…….684 lift ex brute
That's not the info I'm looking for. Id need to know the installed open and close at .050" if those are duration & .050" I would suggest another cam also if you want to run a small turbine.. Id be happy to spec if needed.

That's not the info I'm looking for. Id need to know the installed open and close at .050" if those are duration & .050" I would suggest another cam also if you want to run a small turbine.. Id be happy to spec if needed.

that the only spec i have for the moment , the engine is at the machining shop so i can't take measurement for now :(