Want a turbo. Have a grand.

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone. I'm looking for the best bang for your buck turbo I can get for a moderately built e85 235ci.

Ideally Im looking for a billet wheel/ ball bearing unit capable of low to mid 10s.

I have $1000 to spend on the right unit.

I have my basically new TE45 A Q-trim. Not billet or ball bearing but a proven low ten sec turbo. Check my listing if interested.

With the right engine/turbo combo, converter and tune the difference between the 2 styles would be hardly noticed. Get Bison your complete mods and let him choose the right turbo and converter for your goals.

With the right engine/turbo combo, converter and tune the difference between the 2 styles would be hardly noticed. Get Bison your complete mods and let him choose the right turbo and converter for your goals.

I've tried talking with him before but I got the feeling he was a little too busy, and I don't want to be a bother. I'll be okay researching on my own and if the right deal comes my way, I'll snag it up

If you are dead set on a billet ball bearing, be patient. They do come up for sale. ..I got a swinging deal on a Precision billet DBB 6766 when a member went stage II .

Bryan

Can you name an advantage a journal bearing turbo would have mechanically?
Cheaper and is run on all oem vehicles. Don't fall for the free wheel comparisons on youtube of both styles off the car. Journal bearing is designed to be spun on a thin layer of oil. Free wheel test needs to be done with 50psi of 180* oil feeding both turbo's otherwise the test is pointless.

I have a 71 HPQ DBB I might be willing to part with . I also have a 6567 JB that is getting rebuilt by reed at Work turbos

I have a 71 HPQ DBB I might be willing to part with . I also have a 6567 JB that is getting rebuilt by reed at Work turbos

The 71HPQ may be a little big for me, but out of curiosity could you let me know pricing for each?

I have a 6767 turbo that I was going to put on my sons car . But I think its a little to much for him at first. looking for a TA49 or a TE44 to start with. I would like to get 650.00 for it. Recently rebuilt.

I have a 6767 turbo that I was going to put on my sons car . But I think its a little to much for him at first. looking for a TA49 or a TE44 to start with. I would like to get 650.00 for it. Recently rebuilt.

This seems reasonable. Could I get some more info on it? Manufacturer, billet/cast, journal or ball bearing, etc.?