Want a 4-Point Harness without a cage?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Here is the only option for you guy's who don't want to install a cage in your car but still want a DOT approved 4-point harness..

I just installed these in my car and MAN what a difference it makes holding you in the seat!!

These are very easy to install. They literally mount right to your existing mounting points with the same original bolts. The only seat you have to remove is the rear seat cushion, and slide the fronts forward to install the front mounts.

The Schroth harness is the de facto standard for anyone looking for a simple, clean, DOT-approved and Safe 4 point harness. The technology built into the harness puts it in a category above the belts made by other manufacturers. The years of testing and motor sport experience only give credit to what the engineers have been saying all along.

There are two main reasons why the Schroth Belts are the only safe 4 point harnesses: ASM technology and the ability to install the belts to stock harness mounting locations.

ASM stands for Anti-Sub-Marining. It's an extra flap of material sewn into the inboard shoulder belt that prevents you from sliding underneath the lap belt. In a 4 point harness made by some other company, the two shoulder straps restrain your upper body equally. They keep your chest from moving forward. However, this also pulls up on the lap belt and allows your accellerating pelvis to slide under the lap belt and cause serious damage to your stomach and intestines. With ASM, one of the shoulder belts will elongate at a different rate which will force your pelvis down into the seat cushion. Upon rebound, you will be placed back in an upright position with the belt correctly placed over your body.

The advantages of being able to mount an aftermarket 4 point harness to stock mounting locations are many. First and foremost is the knowledge that these points have been load tested. This means that the manufacturer of your vehicle engineered the points to be able to withstand some truly amazing forces for a specified length of time. In plain English this means that the bolts won't pull out of the sheet metal.

It also means (in the case of a Schroth Harness) that you can retain the use of your stock 3-point harness, allowing you the use of the backseat of your car. If you have the need to transport passengers (or cargo) in your backseat, it is possible to disconnect the tail-strap (a feature only Schroth has) and use your normal 3 point harness.

These belts are perfect for Driver's Schools, Auto-crosses and canyon runs with your local car club. They offer a comfortable and stylish harness that will hold you in your seat during spirited driving, as well as a restraint that will perform ahead of the competition in an impact. This belt will work perfectly for someone driving a vehicle that is on the vehicle reference list, as it is critical to test the seat back strength in order to make sure the seat can withstand the forces exerted upon it.

Available in Black, Blue, Red & Silver.

We are in the process of filling out the paperwork on becoming a dealer for these and should know something real soon.

Scot W.

Attachments

• Landons 11th Bday 056.jpg
    Landons 11th Bday 056.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,350
  • Landons 11th Bday 057.jpg
    Landons 11th Bday 057.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Landons 11th Bday 058.jpg
    Landons 11th Bday 058.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,274
Last edited:
Great alternative to having to install a harness bar. I have a harness bar and now the backseat is only usable by rear facing baby seats...

Hmmm....VERY interesting.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but in the second picture, at the very bottom right of it, where does that strap connect to?

Hmmm....VERY interesting.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but in the second picture, at the very bottom right of it, where does that strap connect to?
Both those going into the back seat bolt directly to the original existing seat belt mounts using the same existing bolts. All you do is remove the bolt, slide this belt behind the factory belts and use the factory bolt and bolt everything right back together and your done! The only seat I removed to hook everything up was the rear seat bottom cushion.

If you want Jason I can send you the instructions that came with the kit...

VERY simple to install and they work fantastic!

Scot W.

Hey Scot

How do the front lap belts mount?

Is there a anti-submarine belt availible for the crotch area?

Can you still use your exsisting seat belt set up? I read somewhere where some one was pulled over and was given a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt, ontop of their traffic violation, even tho they had their full harness on and cinched down.

They were told it was not part of the orginal car safety equipment and wasnt regconized as the vaild OEM vehicle restraint system.

uhhhhhh re-read your first post.

answered a couple of my own questions

How do the front lap belts mount?

Is there a anti-submarine belt availible for the crotch area?

Can you still use your exsisting seat belt set up?

this is a great kit and by all means congrats.....but I think there haven't been many comments because it is surely NOT the ONLY choice you have if you want a harness without a cage. This kit doesn't even show the shoulder pads, as in not even an option lol. Momo's, Takata's, Wilson's, ect europian and japanese belts which have higher ratings as in FIA approved vs DOT. I have never seen any FIA 4/5/6 point be rejected at a drag strip following NHRA and DOT rules, in fact I see expired harnesses get passed through tech all the time because it has a FIA rating originally. I got my takata japanese 3" thick 5 point harness FIA approved still within 2 years of expiration date with brand new memory foam (not just cloth) shoulder pads for $200. Takata is my personal favorite! Used in SuperGT and JGTC racing series for almost 2 decades.

Love to see your finished kit though! Got any more links?

you could have opt'ed for the shoulder pads and used this picture, probably would help get replies
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zuYQ3f-34...v7E/s400/topless_driving.jpg#funny seat belts

peace

this is a great kit and by all means congrats.....but I think there haven't been many comments because it is surely NOT the ONLY choice you have if you want a harness without a cage. This kit doesn't even show the shoulder pads, as in not even an option lol. Momo's, Takata's, Wilson's, ect europian and japanese belts which have higher ratings as in FIA approved vs DOT. I have never seen any FIA 4/5/6 point be rejected at a drag strip following NHRA and DOT rules, in fact I see expired harnesses get passed through tech all the time because it has a FIA rating originally. I got my takata japanese 3" thick 5 point harness FIA approved still within 2 years of expiration date with brand new memory foam (not just cloth) shoulder pads for $200. Takata is my personal favorite! Used in SuperGT and JGTC racing series for almost 2 decades.

Love to see your finished kit though! Got any more links?

you could have opt'ed for the shoulder pads and used this picture, probably would help get replies
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zuYQ3f-34...v7E/s400/topless_driving.jpg#funny seat belts

peace
LOL nice picture! I wasn't looking for replies or comments, this was just to show what is available out there for the people who do not feel like putting a cage in their cars.

I got the shoulder pads too, just didn't have them on in the pic's...

Scot W.