Walker Cam Sensor Cap 235-1006, Anyone Run These?

GNVYUS 1

Well it looks like there's only 4 Brands selling caps/sensor bodies in 2022....

Caspers
Walker
Standard
NTK

Anyone run the Walker cap 235-1006, it sells for $65 on Rockauto and weird pricing from $45 to $450 online?????

Even the photos are with an LED on the cap and without.

The one on Rock Auto, the one with the LED light is a cam position SENSOR, not a cam sensor CAP.

Big, big difference.

Casper's sells a cam sensor CAP with and LED light, bit they are known to be troublesome.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the cap is then, curious?
I assumed the black top was the cam sensor cap vs the shaft body.

This Walker Cam Sensor looks like the Caspers Cam sensor, what are the odds the Walker also has an LED too?

Attachments

• 20220527_141231.jpg
    20220527_141231.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
I'm sorry, I gave you bad info.

I was thinking of the Casper's cam sensor TOOL. Not Cap, which makes ME a tool. :)

Sorry, proceed.........

The caps with the LED light ARE known to be troublesome, though. That part was right.

I'm sorry, I gave you bad info.

I was thinking of the Casper's cam sensor TOOL. Not Cap, which makes ME a tool. :)

Sorry, proceed.........

The caps with the LED light ARE known to be troublesome, though. That part was right.
May I ask, just what kind of tool are you? 🙄

The one on Rock Auto, the one with the LED light is a cam position SENSOR, not a cam sensor CAP.

Big, big difference.

Casper's sells a cam sensor CAP with and LED light, bit they are known to be troublesome.
Can confirm on Casper's cap being troublesome.

They only guarantee it'll work with an unmodified stock ECM. On the ECUGN, for instance, it'll work enough while the car is on but not running to set the cam sensor position, but as soon as you start the engine it flakes out. Probably acts the same way with XFI or Holley, too.

Just to add..

I have ECUGN and the cars running on a Caspers Cap but I have been trying to figure out a random stumble or stall out from 0% TPS and tip in that I've been hunting since the change over. New crank sensor, using truck coil pack and ECU module harness delete and its been frustrating.

I'll report back if the Cam cap, cam sensor body rebuild or new TPS stop this or if nothing does.

drop me an email, we can dig deeper into the tip in. Generally speaking any issues with the CAM sensor will cause sync errors. Otherwise, getting the tip-in tuned should not take too much. (presuming the TPS and MAP signals are clean)

Bob

Thanks Bob, it's probably something stupid so I'm throwing the usual stuff at it after the logs don't seem to stand out with an issue. But everything else is great which is so odd, like how does the car destroy at WOT but at 0% TPS it will randomly do that, so strange.

I have heard...

Cam 180 out (cam had like a 88 degree advance in program)
Cam cap = Caspers with maybe 1500 miles
Cam sensor body internal slop
Crank sensor (I'm on #2 and when I stall there no cam sync loss other than 1 time months ago that didn't cause a stall).
IAC around 30-35 hot idle in park

I'll hit this back when things get resolved.