Walboro 340 Question

DSEROVY

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Merry Christmas everyone!

I have a quick question on my walboro pump.

Just pulled the girl out of the garage for a quick spin before I start hitting the egg nog and was doing a walk around & noticed I could here my pump running.

It's a very consistant higher pitched whine, I'm just not sure if I never noticed it before or if it's an indication of a pending failure.

Thanks in advance!

ive always thought noise=wear. if you never noticed it before then it was probably not there. sounds like time to replace. just my unscientific guess

pump

i've heard mine wine from day one if it didn't I would think something was wrong,or going out (if the wine changed pitch)

Are you very low on fuel? or is it a full tank? Full tanks should keep the pump more quiet.

pump

Are you very low on fuel? or is it a full tank? Full tanks should keep the pump more quiet.

this is very true when I turn my key on I listen for the pump before I ever try to start my Buick don't know if it's habit from always having external hi volume pumps on old hot rods or what.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm using a hood gauge, so the pressure builds right up at key on. I hear the pump then also, just never noticed the noise before when the car is running.
The tank is full, I'll guess I will keep an eye on the pressure gauge.

Honestly, I not usually behind the car when it's running to hear any noises - I leave that to the guys in the other cars!

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse for a pump upgrade- "Honey, the cars just not safe & could leave us stranded!"

Happy Holidays - back to the egg nog

The Supra Denso pump is whisper quiet and at key on all you hear is a "Gulp" and when you have a pressure gauge it gets to pressure twice as fast as the Walbro's. Its easy to get used to.

The Supra Denso pump is whisper quiet and at key on all you hear is a "Gulp" and when you have a pressure gauge it gets to pressure twice as fast as the Walbro's. Its easy to get used to.

Did you have the usual fitment issues? My application uses a sender and tank from a fuel injected El Camino. The sender is near impossible to find and I'd rather not alter it in any way. That said, I really need to replace the Walbro 169 pump that's in there.

Can you use a sender from a GN and just put the El Camino one on the shelf?
The Supra Pump needs a heavier wire either from a DIY mod or from a vendor source. Is is a tight fit but requires no cutting or noticeable modes to the hanger. but to do the wire upgrade it needs to have the bulkhead fitting removed.

No, I tried the GN sender first that I salvaged from the donor vehicle. The El tank is strange in that the top of the tank where the sender fit is kind of domed, not flat like the GN/Regal tank. The supply line runs at a wierd angle, not the 90 degree (or near that) angle seen on the Buick. I saw a thread about a new pump to be released soon, I think I'll just sit tight another month or two.