VSS Location ?

Lockman

OH, OK .......Now I get it
I just read through a TSM on my 700R4 and I did not find a mention of the VSS ? Does anyone know where it is Located ?

Yeah it does, Thanks. The one on my Tranny, on the DS, doesn't have an electrical connection . I've got a mechanical speedo cable going into the Passenger side with a digital dash . The speedo stop working , along with the Cruise ? I'll look again tomorrow but I'm confused . Of Course, this is on my Hybrid Jeep build that I bought 5 years ago.......Who Knows ?

Correction : It's the TV cable going into Passenger side . Sorry for the misinformation.

Correction : It's the TV cable going into Passenger side . Sorry for the misinformation.

Its been a while but Im pretty sure the speedo cable is in the back on the other side.

The VSS is located on the back of the speedo on the regals, and likely most other older GM applications. It is a wheel with two windows driven by the speedo cable with an optical pickup. Good chance, since the speedo quit working, that either the cable drive off the governor is not working, the cable is bad, or something went wrong on the speedo drive end.

Thanks Nigel. Is the VSS on the back of a digital speedo ? I'll start @ the Tranny & work forward.

I don't know about the digital, but I guess it has to be similar to the analog.

I've got it working , Mostly by using a BFH.
I'm removing this digital set up & going mechanical 'Cuz I hate it.