42mm Tial Sport wastegate for sale

turbocamino1

turboholic
While looking at some fuel specs i came across this on the "VP Racing Fuels" site,, it pertains to M5 Alcohol ;
Product Description

"M5 is simply the best performing methanol on the market. With its upgraded combustion additives, M5 will make more power than standard methanol, while offering the same or better protection against detonation. M5’s improved vaporization offers a wider acceptable range of air/fuel ratios and tuning, as well as faster combustion speeds. M5 is not pure methanol and won’t pass a water test." Of course,what caught my attention was ,," M5 will make more power than standard methanol, while offering the same or better protection against detonation" I'm assuming it may be an enthusiastic marketing promotion?,,, I see it has some type lube and may hurt the pump somehow, i've read?

ANY petroleum product will ruin the Alky pump diaphragm, period.

I can tell you what it did in my SBC, in the ft engine rail I had.....{Home brewed}.
Made the exh flames look "weird". It also made the starting line guys say, "WTF is he burning". ;)
Nothing more fun thana 160mph pass, with the ft wheels hanging about a foot off the track...
Only "mix" any better was, Nitro, propylene oxide, and a few ounces of hydrazine. That brew would make your kids born naked!:D

Iv'e often got a slight wif of nitro in a few 10.5 cars ,,always wondered if it was something they concocted or what it really was,,but i liked it,,does sound like it could be a interesting' experiment ,,maybe too dangerous,,someone has had to of tried it in our cars?

I can tell you what it did in my SBC, in the ft engine rail I had.....{Home brewed}.
Made the exh flames look "weird". It also made the starting line guys say, "WTF is he burning". ;)
Nothing more fun than a 160mph pass, with the ft wheels hanging about a foot off the track...
Only "mix" any better was, Nitro, propylene oxide, and a few ounces of hydrazine. That brew would make your kids born naked!:D
Mr Chuck,,you seem to have the 'mad scientist' gene,, i nominate you to try it in one of julio's kits ,,let us know o_O

Mr Chuck,,you seem to have the 'mad scientist' gene,, i nominate you to try it in one of julio's kits ,,let us know o_O
I wonder what problems would occur w/ nitro, and the pump diaphram........
As the % of nitro goes up, the amount of fuel required, goes up. The pump capacity would have to be adjusted
Maybe someone should try a 10% load, 2 pumps, and 5 - #15 nozzles!

Here's a bit of "insight" on the chemicals I mentioned.
We tried it ONE time, and ended up causing the Hemi block to part company with the crank. AIRC, at the World Series, @ Cordova, Il. Circa 1965.

Weird Science

Propylene Oxide:
Ray Hall Turbo says adding 10 percent propylene oxide is worth about a 10 percent power increase. It's possible to run up to a 50/50 propylene oxide solution, but with anything over 10 percent, additional power gains aren't proportional to the added amount. To prevent corrosion as well as polymerization in the container that could cause a possible explosion, store propylene oxide in a polyethylene container in a cool location (the fuel boils at 93 degrees F), or polymerization in the container could result in an explosion.

Hydrazine: The most dangerous additive of all.
Hydrazine: Go Up Like a Rocket
Legends persist of mixing hydrazine with nitromethane for a significant power gain. Hydrazine (N2H4) was developed in World War II as a rocket fuel. It powered the first operational rocket-based interceptor, the German Me-163B, and is still used in some spacecraft and myriad industrial processes to this day.
A colorless, flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odor, hydrazine is so volatile that it's outlawed virtually everywhere. Jim Archer has some experience mixing nitro and hydrazine: "Yes you can do it, but it's dangerous as hell and very toxic." Nitro is slightly acidic, while hydrazine is slightly basic, and opposites attract, with a vengeance: When the two come into contact, a spontaneous chemical reaction starts that ultimately creates a salt-like, high-explosive compound that's extremely sensitive. So, any mix's efficacy for improving performance is extremely time sensitive. It takes a while for the reaction to really get going, so if you mix the two together and run it right away, nothing is gained. Somewhere around 25 to 30 minutes after mixing you will see a power gain over nitro alone. Around 45 minutes, the mix will blow up inside the engine or even self-detonate in the tank.
Nitromethane, dangerous as it is, looks like water compared with hydrazine. Don't breathe it, don't ingest it,

As the % of nitro goes up, the amount of fuel required, goes up. The pump capacity would have to be adjusted
maybe someone already has ;)

Here's a bit of "insight" on the chemicals I mentioned.
We tried it ONE time, and ended up causing the Hemi block to part company with the crank. AIRC, at the World Series, @ Cordova, Il. Circa 1965.

Weird Science

Propylene Oxide:
Ray Hall Turbo says adding 10 percent propylene oxide is worth about a 10 percent power increase. It's possible to run up to a 50/50 propylene oxide solution, but with anything over 10 percent, additional power gains aren't proportional to the added amount. To prevent corrosion as well as polymerization in the container that could cause a possible explosion, store propylene oxide in a polyethylene container in a cool location (the fuel boils at 93 degrees F), or polymerization in the container could result in an explosion.

Hydrazine: The most dangerous additive of all.
Hydrazine: Go Up Like a Rocket
Legends persist of mixing hydrazine with nitromethane for a significant power gain. Hydrazine (N2H4) was developed in World War II as a rocket fuel. It powered the first operational rocket-based interceptor, the German Me-163B, and is still used in some spacecraft and myriad industrial processes to this day.
A colorless, flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odor, hydrazine is so volatile that it's outlawed virtually everywhere. Jim Archer has some experience mixing nitro and hydrazine: "Yes you can do it, but it's dangerous as hell and very toxic." Nitro is slightly acidic, while hydrazine is slightly basic, and opposites attract, with a vengeance: When the two come into contact, a spontaneous chemical reaction starts that ultimately creates a salt-like, high-explosive compound that's extremely sensitive. So, any mix's efficacy for improving performance is extremely time sensitive. It takes a while for the reaction to really get going, so if you mix the two together and run it right away, nothing is gained. Somewhere around 25 to 30 minutes after mixing you will see a power gain over nitro alone. Around 45 minutes, the mix will blow up inside the engine or even self-detonate in the tank.
Nitromethane, dangerous as it is, looks like water compared with hydrazine. Don't breathe it, don't ingest it,
Interesting you should mention these chem's as my best friends mom and dad both where scientists at DE Dupont all thru the 60's,,,they spoke of benzine, toluene and hydrazine as the most cancer causing things on earth,,they where scared of that chit.

Straight from VP web site

I ’d use regular methanol like VP’s M1 for the injection. This is what I personally use. All you are using the injection for is to cool the air charge. This is how you get more power, because you can add more timing or boost with a cooler charge. M3 has a hydrocarbon in it and won’t pull the heat like M1. M5 has a hydrocarbon and a combustion additive. I would definitely not use this. It could have bad results by combusting in the air inlet tube between the turbo and the throttle body. M1 is your best choice.

I would definitely not use this. It could have bad results by combusting in the air inlet tube between the turbo and the throttle body. M1 is your best choice.
what you use is a personal choice,its not going to combust in the air inlet tube,its only 5%.i have shot over 100hp worth of nitrous through the up pipe.5% is easy.

the m5 will make more power than the m1,those that run nitro/nitrous understand what that stuff can really do.personally i like all of it:)