VMP this friday anyone??

turbo2nr

Friday June 2nd goof-off night @ VMP in Dinwiddie, VA

This will be my 2nd time out with current Brick.
I will make an attempt to hit a 10.9 or so? with stock a long-block
Last weekend I ran 11.42 with 19lbs of boost....22degree timing....11.6 A/F

I have 66mm turbo and FAST tuned by Bobby Mason and Cal Hartline.
We start off safe last weekend, and review the logs....now time to turn it up a little and see what happens?
Little tad more timing? Slightly leaner? Of course add some more boost!

the count.png

This is my car and I am Scotty.

white T.jpeg

white T II.jpeg

Last edited:
Well...maybe just me representing the turbo Bricks?

I did not see any others last weekend at Richmond Drag either.

Couple nice G-body Regals, but all were NA :(

Actually been years since I have seen a T-Brick other than mine here in Richmond Va.

??

I drive mine daily. People love the car and I get Thumbs up every minute of driving, but I feel alone! lol

Thanks, I feel lucky. I prefer this over my past Black GNs.

Don't need to wash it every hour to keep it looking good.

Headed out soon and I will report back if carnage or success?

Hopefully a video.

Good luck. If you are down around Radford on the 9th you should come by motor mile dragway. We have a grudge racing event coming up. When I go to the track everyone always racing with v8, i4, and i6. Hardly ever see anyone race v6 so when I see a turbo buick (especially a 10sec car) I get excited to see it race.

I saw when you pulled into Richmond Drag way on May 26th. Nice TB!!!!! Hopefully I will catch up with you one day and talk to you about TB.

I ran no faster. :(

I think I need better valve springs?

Or maybe a new Crank sensor?

My car falls on its face at 5000rpms.

I swapped plugs and gapped them a little tighter @ just under 0.030"

Double checked my CAM sensor phasing. Double checked timing with light on balancer.

check, check. Went for a drive and no help. :mad:

??

Time to change valve springs?

I am running a TR6 ignition and newer style (hotter) coil pack.

FAST ECU.

Did not see any other Turbo Bricks at VMP last Friday.

I was not there in mine. Just spectator watching the list racing.

Double checked my CAM sensor phasing. Double checked timing with light on balancer.

??

FAST ECU.

??

FAST ECU.

Crank sensor I say nope----what springs and what are the installed pressures?

Actually I had a loose crank sensor rattling around and symptoms were same Steve.

Bobby Mason found that, and a funky CAM sensor so far.

Really woke up the car!

At track, in 3rd gear I am now seeing that 5000+rpms is not happy-happy time.

I have no clue what springs.

Someone that races TSM class was a previous owner of this car and I assumed the springs came with the Comp Cam kit 212/212

Maybe the spring have seen better days? I will have them replaced before any further WOT sessions.

[QUOTE="turbo2nr, post: 3759335, member: 14511"

I have no clue what springs.[/QUOTE]

I would start there, I trust nothing anyone says unless they have a build sheet. Even then things sometimes are not what they are supposed to be. It's unfortunate I know.

Know anyone in Richmond that feels like doing this boring job?

I don't.

I would do it myself but I am a baby and now it's too hot outside for my spoiled butt to be getting dirty.

I think I will wait for Fall and just do it myself?

Car runs good enough for me to enjoy on the streets.

I was just hoping for a 10second run. Maybe next time?

Know anyone in Richmond that feels like doing this boring job?

I don't.

I would do it myself but I am a baby and now it's too hot outside for my spoiled butt to be getting dirty.

I think I will wait for Fall and just do it myself?

Car runs good enough for me to enjoy on the streets.

I was just hoping for a 10second run. Maybe next time?
Bobby's been working on your car why wouldn't you have him do it?

It's just not as simple as swapping springs. You or whoever is working on the car needs to measure the installed height and determine the pressure of the current springs. Then once you know the height you can select the correct springs and shim if needed. Of course you need to have the tool to measure the springs-it's expensive and not available at sears or the parts store.

If you are interested I can do them however I am quite busy currently, and it maybe August or Sept.

Bobby has a few people's cars already..... And a day job and Two sons in college and a wife and his own toys. :)

I will ask him.

I don't care what is in there now. They are coming out.

I am going to use what Comp Cams recommends for the cam and lifters. (Probably 980s ?)

I plan to buy Two V6 sets or maybe One V8 set and measure them all at seat....then keep the Ones that measure correctly.

Using no cup, and the Comp Cams supplied dampeners.

Bobby's been working on your car why wouldn't you have him do it?

It's just not as simple as swapping springs. You or whoever is working on the car needs to measure the installed height and determine the pressure of the current springs. Then once you know the height you can select the correct springs and shim if needed. Of course you need to have the tool to measure the springs-it's expensive and not available at sears or the parts store.

If you are interested I can do them however I am quite busy currently, and it maybe August or Sept.

Actually, I bought him the correct springs and he had my heads off last summer. Why he didn't replace the spring is beyond me! ??
I wanted him to! So......yeah. That kinda sucked.

Bobby has a few people's cars already..... And a day job and Two sons in college and a wife and his own toys. :)
I can relate, I have 6 engines 2 trannys and a frame off resto in process, plus my 4 cars, a day job, a wife and 5 year old:)

Crank sensor I say nope----what springs and what are the installed pressures?

And guess what failed multiple times today....
My crank sensor! Lol

I Have fast and had loss of crank sensor and no start a few times today. I see cam sensor signal led flashing....but no crank.

After a few cycles of power and attempted start-up...i eventually got my crank signal back and then injectors fired and instant start.

It is my crank sensor Steve
Or rather its signal to my fast not happening for some reason at certain conditions

I think it is possible my crank is moving in thrust direction forward and/or poor crank sensor or its mounting

Maybe my crank balancer is wobbling

This is where we focus!

I wait for springs. I may try to log the crank sensor in a better way somehow or upgrade it to better ring and sensor.

The oem sensor and ring are sh1t imo.