Viper GTS!!!!

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
I was out early in the morning on the way to help a friend lay some sod (fun!). I was in the left turn lane waiting for the light to turn green when I spot a Viper GTS coming in the opposite direction in which am ready to turn in. He passes by doing an easy 60 in a 45, I quickly change my mind and take a right out of my lane and begin to follow him. I really didn't want to mess with him from a 60 MPH roll (YIKES!!!) so I followed waiting for a stop light opportunity. The light up ahead is red but it also has a 1 car left turn lane to enter the freeway. Sure enough he is getting on the freeway and all I can do is get behind him. We are waiting for a green arrow and I figure I will try to antaganize him a little so I can try and chase him up the on ramp and see if I can keep up! I am running 20 psi and Trick 101 so I figure I have a chance, just not on the top end! I firmly apply my foot to the brake and start to spool up the turbo to see if I can get a response. He revs back at me!! My adrenaline is now pumping full speed, the light turns green and he takes off. I am right behind him making sure to try and not let him get to much ahead. He nails it right at the end of the turn and does a nice little fish tail, I do pretty much the identical thing and we both straighten out and are now WOT going up the on ramp! He is about 1-2 lengths in front of me and NOT pulling away. Dang those V10's sound wierd! We hit the freeway and I glance at my speed (it buried at 85), glance at the scanmaster and see no knock at all. He pulls all the way into the left lane and I pull into the middle and I am still staying strong! He finally taps the brakes and we both let off. I coast up next to him and give him a thumbs up but can't see through his windows so I saw no reaction from him. Now I remember I am going in the completely opposite direction from my buddies house :) so I wave and jump off at the next exit.

I know this wasn't a kill but I still was happy to be hangin with a GTS! I just wish I could have taken him from a stop and seen what would have happened! I am sure he was thinking he was going to walk away from the pesky black car behind him!

sounded like a lot of fun! i bet the the black brick woulda smaked him down from a dead stop. you have a nice viper killing combo there!

We had a guy here in OK beat a brand new GTS with the dealer tag about 2 weeks ago at the track. The GN was running in street mode and ran a 12.5? @ 105 while the GTS ran a 12.7? @ 116. Yeah the guy couldn't race but it was so funny. All the kids came to look at the "monte carlo" after the race was over.

Kev :)

I recently also saw a GTS down at Firebird here in AZ and it ran something like a 12.4 @ 116,which is good enough speed for the high 11's. I here they aint easy to launch, gobs of power though!