Vigalante 5 Disc alternative?

LEGACY_GN

I love the 5 disc lock up but hate all the issues I have with it. Does anyone else make a multidisc lock up or a single disc that can hold high HP applications?

I just told someone I bet the first response is to go Non-lockup. lol.

Let's just assume I'm dumb and stubborn. Any other options?

A non lock up will work better the whole way down the track. What issues are you having with the vigilante?

With a good non lu you wont even feel the 200rpm difference in street driving, worth the trade off for the efficiency of a nl, plus the noise and almost twice the weight the vigilante has.

It was perfect for 5 years and 30k miles and then I sent it to precision for a rebuild because clutches were worn and it's been shit since. I had some tranny issues that may have permanently hurt it. Transbrake was messed up and cooked it so had it rebuilt again and now it surges and sometimes after a rock solid shift to second there another engagement almost like another gear but it's just the convertor engaging.. Like 0-30 regular no boost acceleration it surges like letting out a clutch in a manual transmission. Surges from stop light take off and then surges after hitting 2nd. To be clear the shifts are firm and hard, it just after the shift or initial take off it surges and then engages.

Whatever this puts out at 28 psi

GN1 Long Rod Stroker Bored .20 over
6968 Turbo
ATR Front Mount Intercooler
Champion intake and heads
215/220 Revolution X Roller Cam
Razor Alky
Bailey TR6 ignition
Billet Transmission

Update, the issue was the lockup solenoid was engaging all the time. Works perfect now, but I'd still like options if anyone has one.

I don't know if a LU can take 7-800 RWHP.
I think lock-up is a waste of time but, a lot of people swear by them. Especially heavier vehicles such as drag trucks. Any time I've tried locking my old converter it slowed me down.

Whatever this puts out at 28 psi

GN1 Long Rod Stroker Bored .20 over
6968 Turbo
ATR Front Mount Intercooler
Champion intake and heads
215/220 Revolution X Roller Cam
Razor Alky
Bailey TR6 ignition
Billet Transmission
if thats a billet 69mm then you are moving some air with your combo.even at 28psi you should be mid to high 9 power level with traction.a multi disk vig has been in the 8s on red a car but inmo a ptc non lock 9 inch would give you less problems at that level of power.if you want to stay lock up and try something new dave husek may have something for you.you would have to contact him for specifics.

Got mine back in 2006ish cuz of Grumpy and Russ. Lock it at WOT no problems...
Drives basically like a stocker.