Video: The Dennis Kirban Story

Nice job. Of course, Dennis is the man.
Anything that takes me back to the early days of these cars, which I overlooked and paid no attention to quite honestly, is just amazing to me today. Love it. Thanks for doing this. Please do more.

I was at Atco yesterday and with hundreds of cars running from old to new, the GN still turns heads, hood open turns into a car show and gets plenty of thumbs up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments! There will be more videos...not all Turbo Regal related...but if you like cars, subscribe.
SS

Great interview! How does one get on Kirban's email list? Is it still called Grand News?

Cool video. While I'd prefer turbo buick video's- It would be interesting to see interviews on the people who made it all happen.
It's interesting to see how people got into the cars and then into the businesses that propelled the cars even further.

As an aside, I liked the Kirban video but it could have been a little more in depth. Seemed like you just skimmed the surface on a guy who's been doing this for a while and really helped all of us in our quest for the best TR we could build/restore...

BTW, forgot to mention the TY... That color combo is my favorite!!!

Great interview/video Really appreciate you posting it up! I too remember when the muscle car guys took notice of GNs. I recall ho different the sound was in comparison to the traditional V8. Took some getting used to.
KID

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning the video that Stephen did on me. Like any video they shoot 2 or 3 times more footage than they end up using.

Its also a smart move to limit it to 10-15 mins to keep peoples interest....granted I got a loooong history in the muscle car business dating back to the mid 1970s and starting with the GTO then jumping to the Turbo Regals.

Call it luck both GM car models struck gold with the buyers....my weekly free inner circle goes more in to detail as time goes on.

He may come back and do another one just based on the Hurst history that I have at my finger tips...who knows....

again appreciate all the nice words....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Great video. I posted it on my FB page. :)

Mike B.

Thanks for all the comments and shares. BTW, if anyone is on the Buick Grand National Facebook page, we'd appreciate a post there. I'm working on website and FB page but that's a few weeks away.

As Dennis said, if I was to post up the entire 40 minute conversation, people would simply turn it off...we all have decreasing attention spans and 10 minutes is enough to keep viewers interested without encroaching on their day. (this is the general consensus)

You may have seen Doug DeMuro's review of my Typhoon. (If you haven't, here it is:

That video was 7 minutes long. Now Doug's videos are running about 27 minutes and while I think they are top notch and will watch every one, I generally have to watch them in chunks.

Dennis has a lot to share; stories, experience, etc. Maybe we'll go back for part II. If nothing else, we'll likely shoot one of the open houses and interview owners and noteworthy guests.

Weekend bump for those who may have missed it.

Happy to now have 3,000 views on the video, but there are another 17,000+ TR owners out there who might enjoy it. :)

More video coming soon. (or eventually!)