Very tough ethical question

Capt Mark, not lawyer talk, was from a rabi friend of mine. And it makes perfect sense too.

Blob, I think there is more turth to what you say than anything else really. lol

The other side of the coin.
Are you kidding me? Do you really think that you are going to learn some GRAND lesson? Be a better person? No on both accounts.
When you think of her you will think of betrayal and broken trust.
When she thinks of you she will think of how shw pulled one over on you.
If you keep your promise to her she will also think that she can control you and whne the other guy dumps her she will make a huge effort to manipulate you. If you keep a promise after what she did your integrity WILL be mistaken for weakness.
You get what you give - she gave false impressions of herself, do you think you OWE it to her to be some Prince in Shining armour?
Stop kidding yourself for some perceived impression of how she (and others) will see you.

Re: Hire a Hooker!!

Originally posted by HurstGN
OK, here's a plan that you can keep your word and feel great Go ahead and ask the question "Do you still feel the same way?"
A: "Yes, I do. We're done"
You: "Great! I'm free from the b!tch!" Lay one on the new lady right in front of her. Get grabby, get a handfull of @ss while you're at it for the effect. Then turn and leave. :p

--or--
A: "No, I want to get back together"
You: "Too late B!tch! I found somebody way better than you!" Lay one on the new lady right in front of her. Get grabby, get a handfull of @ss while you're at it for the effect. Then turn and leave. :p

--OR--

You with your new GF with you, find out by the warm glowing stare of your ex, that she turned lesbian and asks for a threesome, in which you are the cream filling in their oreo's.....

THEN kiss, grab their asses and leave.....

Re: I'll cut to the chase

Originally posted by The Blob
Sounds like you just want an excuse to go see her again. She lied and cheated on you. What difference does it make how she feels now?

If someone screws you over, any prior obligations or promises are null and void. There is no dilema there at all.

Good grief, Demon, man up and move on.

I couldn't have said it any better than this....

Sounds like an EXCUSE to see her again to me as well.... MOVE ON!

"denial is not just a river in Africa".....

Have the hooker take a dump in the bitches' purse:eek:
I wouldn't give her the time of the day. Forgettaboutit.

I agree with the blob sounds like more of a promise to yourself not her.

What is it with you turbo guys I never seen so many girl problem threads. Maybe you need to turn the boost down?:confused:

I agree with all that have said that you aren't obligated. Like getting back an egagement ring if she calls it off, the promise was implied as being conditional of your relationship being the same.

HOWEVER, it kind of sounds like the promise was to go somewhere with her, maybe a wedding or something? I look at this as an opportunity! You may want to consider this, but only after carefully laying out a plan under the influence of a lot of tequila, 2-3 of your best buddies and listen to Garth Brooks "Friends in Low Places" about 10 times for motivation.

Otherwise, DO NOT break the silence. It'll be like lighting up a smoke after quitting for 5 days. You'll start the hell all over again. ;)

Now that I know what this is all about I change my vote. Not only would I not keep my promise I would wonder why you would even want to see her. She cheated once she will cheat again. If she does feel differently now it is only because the other guy dumped her and she will want you back for now til she finds someone else. Time to move on.