VERY low 02's on scanmaster

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
So my one GN that sits the most and has been sitting I noticed today that on start up and light driving for the first 5 min or so it had some light poping and the 02's were super low like 011 029 041 and then increased but only in the 200 300 range when it warmed up and smoothed out. When I started it again cold it did the same thing and while driving the 02's were still low actually decreasing as I drove. F/P is good and holding (hotwired 340) and MAF is LS1 with a translator. Never had this problem before at all. Any thoughts that would cause such super low numbers?

Drove the car home tonight and code 45 came up and I noticed the 02's stayed low like 011 nothing over 050 while driving but then when coming to a stop or at a stop they went up to 750 -800 +, Is this normal for a bad 02 sensor or something else causing such a odd reading???

O2 sensor went south. No big deal. Buy a new one.

Just curious though, you been running leaded race gas? If so that will kill an o2 sensor quickly.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes, over time leaded race gas will kill O2 sensors. I usually carry a couple of spare Denso O2 sensors with me just incase, (part# 234-1001). You can buy them pretty cheap on ebay with free shipping. Many part stores are over priced, and they have to special order them.

Happy you figured it out.

Ray