Verify GNX intercooler part#

GNX 233 485

Seller on ebay has an NOS intercooler claiming it to be for the GNX. Does anyone have the part # to verify. The seller does have other GNX items and claims it was bought in the late 80's. Want to make sure its real before bidding. Any help is appreciated.

Hey charlie, The fin count does not look correct to me in the pictures. A regular GN IC has a the fin patern in a V shape(upside down and rightside up) A real X IC has a fin pattern in an almost S shape(upside down and rightside up), about double the fin count. Hope I explained that ok.

GC

Charlie,

Part Number is: 12332910

It was called a 'Charged Air Cooler' at the time.

If the seller is able to take a close up picture of the fins it would help to determine if it is correct.

Charlie,

Part Number is: 12332910

It was called a 'Charged Air Cooler' at the time.

If the seller is able to take a close up picture of the fins it would help to determine if it is correct.

X2 have him count the number of fins across.... the stock cooler has approximately 43 across the GNX has approximately 64 and a TTA has 56... (V equals one fin...) hope this helps..

I love the regulars on the board! You guys are money when it comes to this stuff:biggrin:

Take care--

Ty

Fin count

I received close up pics, the fin count and style is the same as mine in my X. The cooler has no part # stamped on it, I checked the one in my car and can not find a part # either. Just the sticker ASC put on. So I guess its real.

Does anybody make a GNX style intercooler, reproduction? I've been gathering parts to make a clone. I'm trying to get the details real close not like the other people claim to have clones which don't have the correct suspension or gauge package etc

I have never seen a repro intercooler. I have only seen NOS GN intercoolers, never a NOS GNX intercooler. That is why I wanted to verify this one on ebay. It looks good, might be a NOS TTA intercooler, but thats just a rare as a NOS GNX one. Bidding is alittle high on this one, anyone know of another place or person that has one available?
Thanks

Does anybody make a GNX style intercooler, reproduction? I've been gathering parts to make a clone. I'm trying to get the details real close not like the other people claim to have clones which don't have the correct suspension or gauge package etc

A TTA looks real close..fin count and style(shape), almost indistinguishable.

GC

Have never seen a Repro GNX IC offered. I do not think there would be much of a market for a reproduction GNX intercooler. The appearance when installed between a GN intercooler and a GNX intercooler are identical with exception of the decal on the top.

Charlie, Did you get the seller to send you a close up picture of the Decal on the top? If you did perhaps you can post it or E-mail it to me...would be interested in seeing it.

Higher fin count which makes for better cooling due to the increased surface area. No difference at all with size...keep in mind the Intercooler shroud is the same for the GNs and it is for the GNXs.

Ebay IC auction

I received information on the ebay sale. The fin style is more of the TTA style. That IC was available thru GM in 1988. The sticker on top of the IC is a replacement or A-market sticker that the seller bought at bowling green. Still very rare to have a NewOld Stock TTA IC. Was the X cooler ever available over the counter. Seems that it would have to be, GM has to keep replacement parts in stock for all production cars. Even with ASC modifing the car, GM is still responsible for the stocking of all replacement parts.
As of today, I am the high bidder......I know, I know its alot of $$$$ but I need it.:biggrin: