verano turbo

we2man

Does any one know how good the turbo verano runs? Im thinking about buying one and just wanted to know what everyone thinks about them, thanks!!

Does any one know how good the turbo verano runs? Im thinking about buying one and just wanted to know what everyone thinks about them, thanks!!
Just took delivery of a 2014 Verano Turbo absolutely fully loaded, carbon black metallic
And what a sweet ride it is!

Just saw one put down 300-350 hp on a dyno....sounded good. Not sure what was all done to it

It would be interesting to know what was done to it. That could be a pretty nice DD with all the creature comforts, and some power to get out of it's own way also.

Jay J

It would be interesting to know what was done to it. That could be a pretty nice DD with all the creature comforts, and some power to get out of it's own way also.

Jay J

Can't be a whole lot different than the LNF 2.0 T that is in my Sky. The tune alone would put the car around 300-310hp but that is at the crank so I would speculate it has besides the tune upgraded exhaust including DP, headers etc. Not sure if a bigger turbo is offered yet? A bigger IC more than likely.

On a Sky you can do a tune, headers full exhaust & a better IC and hit 390hp-400hp. These cars are 16-17lbs of boost stock with these upgrades you can run 25lbs of boost and on pump gas!

My current DD is a '09 Pontiac G8 GT. It runs OK, but is a tank @ 4000lbs. I miss the on tap thrust of a turbo (or two) and am searching for the next forced induction ride... It is sad that GM has the know how and parts in hand to make a great medium priced performance car, but they seem to have lost the inclination...

Jay J

Just make sure it's NOT front wheel drive. Unless it's a TRUE limited slip diff, and you have slicks, you're wasting your time. I don't care if you have 280 or 500 horse power, you're not going ANYwhere in an open diff FWD car. You're wasting your time & money by upping your HP in that platform... Trust me, I've already been down that road in my GS. Dyno numbers mean absolutely zero on the road.

Yep. My buddy has a G8, and with a cam and tune, his shit is pretty formidable. And he still has a stock stall and heads with normal tires.

A guy in our club has a G8 and added a whipple, he runs in the mid to high 7's in the 1/8 conservatively on pump and street tires.

On the Verano turbo the AWD system is the way to go but not sure if it's offered on that vehicle?