VDO Vision Tac 333-155..

markboss

Getting ready to install an AVC GNX dash....switched out the VDO cockpit speedo, and tach...for VDO Vision Speedo, and tach..
Wired(to alternator green lead) as the directions said, and tach will not respond...The Vision cockpit tach works perfect, and I talked to a VDO rep Monday before I ordered the Vision Tach, and he said it would work,,,
Anybody using the 333-155 Vision Tach?

About 10 years ago I bought a VDO 2 1/4" 0-6000 rpm Cockpit tack. I had it on the settings for a V6 engine and it would not work on my Regal T. I called VDO tech line and I was told my tach needed a resistor for the square wave signal the turbo Buick's ignition system put out. I was given an address on the eastcoast and sent my tach to VDO which they preformed the modification for me "free" of charge.

If you have the dip switchs in the correct position for a V6 engine, I would call VDO back and ask them about the tach signal (square wave). Your new tach may need it and they might do it for you. Caspers Electronics does sell a component that takes our square wave signal and converts it for a standard tach.

Good Luck, Craig

Update...
Installed the VDO Tach Module from Casper's....used the white wire from the tach harness...works great!!