VDO oil pressure and Water Temp gauges not working

SSLandlord

Hey Guys! New here. Just picked up a 87 GN. Car has 43k miles and was well taken care of. Mods done already are an adjustable FPR, cold air, 42lb injectors, TT chip, VDO boost, OP, and Water temp gauges.
First thing I did was buy a Scanmaster G. I went to install today and decided to ditch the water temp gauge in the center pod and keep the Oil Pressure for now. Seems like it was a Kirbans kit as the gauges were wired together. I unplugged all the the wires to the water temp and the oil pressure still worked. I went the plug the water temp gauge back up and it seems like it short circuited it because I accidentally touched the wires together and the cars idle shuttered for a moment. Now the gauges are unresponsive and neither work. Funny enough, the lights still come on. I’ve checked all of the fuses and none are blown. Did I short circuit the gauges themself? Any other idea why they are no longer working after I’ve hooked them up correctly again?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Trace the +12 wire that powers the two gauges, a separate wire will power the (working correctly) lights in the gauges so don't trace that one. There's probably an inline fuse in the line that was run to the fuse panel or else if you trace it out there could be a blown fuse where it's hooked into.

SSLandlord

Trace the +12 wire that powers the two gauges, a separate wire will power the (working correctly) lights in the gauges so don't trace that one. There's probably an inline fuse in the line that was run to the fuse panel or else if you trace it out there could be a blown fuse where it's hooked into.
Thanks! You were right there was an inline fuse that blew. Figured it out and now the Scanmaster G is working perfect!