Vdo gauge help

Jared31

Just got my electrical water and oil gauges from kirbans. Need help finding a good power source, ground, and light source for gauges. I don't want to splice into original wiring harness. Any help with pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Well you can use a fuse block tap and then use that for the main power . Then as far as the light goes if you want them to come on with everything else u will have to splice into the original harness

switched power can come from any of the IGN ports on the fuseblock using a male non insulated spade connector
you can get lighting power source from the fuseblock LMP port . it will also allow dimming using the dash dimmer
....for console gauges you could also use the grey and black wires hanging from the dash by the console that feed the console indicator lamp
those wires were for an ashtray lamp (not used with a console car) but they will work for gauge lamp

Well what I have done is run a wire from the block into the cab so I have a good known ground under the dash. But any piece of bare metal under the dash should be sufficient enough for the gauges .

theres is a 10mm ground screw to he right of the driverside courtesy lamp inthe dash metal frame and its perfect for ground as it has the main dash ground secured at that point, there is also another hole there if you want to add another ground screw

Thankyou all for the great help. I went to my local auto parts store to get the proper GM ign port fuse tap but no one carries them anymore. I ended up ordering 2 on eBay just waiting for them to arrive.