Valvoline VR1 10W30 banned in CA

macatoni

Buick Powered
WTF! I couldnt figure out why the majority of online retailers were refusing to ship to my house and i figured its because i just moved to Oakland from Alameda. Turns out VR1 10W30 is no longer to be sold in CA! What the hell??!?! I had been running the 20W50 but had rather high oil pressures so i was going to bump back down to 10W30 however now i cant buy it!

Really? I've seen it in stores within the past couple weeks. They want to take our guns, now the oil....o_O

Have a friend buy and send it to you.
What is the penalty for a "straw" purchase of performance oil?:ROFLMAO:

Depends on the amount. Any more than 10 quarts would be "high capacity". Make sure the box is featureless to avoid AW ban laws...:eek:

its actually interesting this thread was made. I've been trying to buy a case of vr1, like I said I've seen it in stores but just a quart or two so I've been buying regular valvoline. Makes sense now. I like the vr1 stuff, I've always used it in my old cars. Luckily, Fischer oil is next to the machine shop so I'll just pick up their line of oil. We use it in all the new builds anyways. I couldn't imagine there being a "California compliant" oil made... So stupid

image.jpg
I just got 2 case for $60 valvoline 10w30 vr1

Seriously, if they repackaged it without the word racing it would be totally off the lib radar. They hate fun of any kind except for themselves.

That high zinc oil might kill the catalytic converter that your car doesn't have (except for the emissions tests).

Communist State of California strikes again!!!

Summit still lists it with no restrictions other than ground shipment. Try Brad Penn from them also. Great oil with ZDDP.

From bullet button bans, which is what made AR's compliant to now banning oil. Wtf.

I have a lot of fam in Cali, but the state is seriously wacked out it seems.

They ban an oil under the guise of saving your life,then they divert water away from farmers to save a smelt fish and say that global warming is causing the drought, then they release a convicted illegal infiltrating Mexican murderer into one of your sanctuary cities instead of deporting him as the law says they must do. Then they call Donald Trump a racist because he is against all of these things. These are the most caring,compassionate, and intelligent people on the planet. They are called Democrats.