Valve Springs

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
Has anyone here in the Bay Area have their valve springs repalaced recently? If so, who did them and how much did they cost? Did they have to remove the heads? I'm getting ready to install the Billet Wheel this weekend and these valve springs are the last thing on my list for now. I talked to one person and he told me $1000 and he had to remove the heads. He scared me saying that.

Thanks,

Steve

Has anyone here in the Bay Area have their valve springs repalaced recently? If so, who did them and how much did they cost? Did they have to remove the heads? I'm getting ready to install the Billet Wheel this weekend and these valve springs are the last thing on my list for now. I talked to one person and he told me $1000 and he had to remove the heads. He scared me saying that.

Thanks,

Steve

I have a guy down here that is very good at doing the heads. He will put the Bee hive springs, new retainers, the whole bit for $800.

You will have to send me the heads though. Dont know if you wanted to pull the heads or not.

I have a guy down here that is very good at doing the heads. He will put the Bee hive springs, new retainers, the whole bit for $800.

You will have to send me the heads though. Dont know if you wanted to pull the heads or not.

I did not want to pull the heads just yet. I keep hearing you can do them still on the car but it's a PITA. Hence me looking for someone. :D For that price plus me getting them there to you, I think I will save up a little more and wait on the Champ CNC Irons and Intake.:biggrin: If it's going to be to expensive I will wait until I upgrade. :( I just have a feeling for what I'm working with the springs would have done some justice.

Thanks,

Steve

has anyone here in the bay area have their valve springs repalaced recently? If so, who did them and how much did they cost? Did they have to remove the heads? I'm getting ready to install the billet wheel this weekend and these valve springs are the last thing on my list for now. I talked to one person and he told me $1000 and he had to remove the heads. He scared me saying that.

Thanks,

steve

call the cops!!!!!!! You dont have to remove heads this can be done and imo should not take more than 4 hrs labor....

I had mine done by a shop in SSF. The guy that did mine builds motors and runs a primered drag nova. He knows cars and knows how to work on them. Call Kevin or Joey at 415-640-7173. I dropped my car off one day and it was done the next day. Top notch cat to work with. Tell them Manny sent you.

If you want to see references click here
On the Side Automotive - Norcal1320.com

I had mine done by a shop in SSF. The guy that did mine builds motors and runs a primered drag nova. He knows cars and knows how to work on them. Call Kevin or Joey at 415-640-7173. I dropped my car off one day and it was done the next day. Top notch cat to work with. Tell them Manny sent you.

If you want to see references click here
On the Side Automotive - Norcal1320.com

Checking with them now.

Thanks,

I called the guys Mr Go Fast mentioned and I will be taking it to them sometime next week. They also quoted me a very good price compared to what some of the other crooks quoted me.:mad:

Can't wait ....:biggrin:

I called the guys Mr Go Fast mentioned and I will be taking it to them sometime next week. They also quoted me a very good price compared to what some of the other crooks quoted me.:mad:

Can't wait ....:biggrin:

Didn't we talk about this a few months ago? That's who I told you to take it to as well. As least I hope it was you. :confused: Getting a little old these days. :)