Valve Spring Advice

brif

I recently came into possession of a comp cams 210/210 roller cam I which to put in my car.

Serial # T 7162-10 Spec Card# 18469210
Part # 69-000-8 CAMSHAFT, BV69 SPECIAL HYD ROLLER
Core C69-8A CAMSHAFT BLANK, BV69 BUICK EVEN FIRE DUC
Grind # BV69 3324S /3324S HR110 +2
DURATION @ .050 INTAKE 210 ROCKER ARM RATIO
VALVE ADJ INTAKE .000 DURATION @ .050 EXHAUST 210 INTAKE 1.55
VALVE ADJ EXHAUST .000 LOBE LIFT INTAKE .3170 EXHAUST 1.55
VALVE LIFT INTAKE .490 LOBE LIFT EXHAUST .3170
VALVE LIFT EXHAUST .490 LOBE SEPARATION 110.0
DURATION .006 INTAKE C/L 108.0
TAPPET LIFT INTAKE 260 CAM ADVANCE 2
TAPPET LIFT EXHAUST 260 HYDRAULIC Y
VALVE TIMING .050 OVERHEAD CAM N
VALVE OPEN INTAKE 3- JOURNAL DIAMETER STD 1.786
VALVE OPEN EXHAUST 37 RECOMMENDED VALVE SPRINGS
VALVE CLOSED INTAKE 33 DEPARTMENT P
VALVE CLOSED EXHAUST 7- SPC INSTR FOR CUSTOMER

What springs would be recommended with this cam? I was recommend by comp cams 26918 springs, 787 retainers, 601 locks and 853 lifters. From what I have seen on here; I would rather use the morel lifters.

My budget won't allow roller rockers at the moment; would I be better off with the TA HD rocker shafts or the rocker shafts supports?

I have going to have some minor porting done on the heads and probably have a machine shop give them a once over. The car is an average bolt on stock internal long block on alky with a 6262.

That's a very mild hyd roller and it's specs will shrink even more on that cam core. 130 on the seat would be plenty to run that cam. Lot of springs out there will have it covered. Id use a higher rocker ratio to get some of the intensity back. You will need to cut the ex guides down.

That's a very mild hyd roller and it's specs will shrink even more on that cam core. 130 on the seat would be plenty to run that cam. Lot of springs out there will have it covered. Id use a higher rocker ratio to get some of the intensity back. You will need to cut the ex guides down.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression the guides wouldn't need to be cut with this cam. What rocker would you recommend I use if I was to try something different? When you say "very mild" is it even comparable to any of the roller cams that full throttle sells?

brif said:
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression the guides wouldn't need to be cut with this cam. What rocker would you recommend I use if I was to try something different? When you say "very mild" is it even comparable to any of the roller cams that full throttle sells?

You can download the comp lobe catalog and compare your lobes to the xtreme energy hyd roller lobes. You can then see that they are very mild. I'd be running a 1.65 rocker ratio. Ive run mid 10's with similar lobes

After looking into some things; valve job, springs, locks, retainers, paying someone for the mild porting, and required clearancing; would I just be better off buying a set of ported heads ready to go? I would then have something of a known ability and would work with future goals. Since I will be buying roller rockers at the same time; a set of 14 bolt GN1's with some scorpion rockers seems like the way to go. Plus I would have less down time. Long term goal would be to use these on a different short block in a few years.