valve cover leak or?

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
seeing smoke and drip remnants on crossover muffler directly under back of motor near oil pan obviously. When car is up in the air best way to diagnose is the question?

Under boost or all the time? Check the corrugated oil return line coming off the bottom of the turbo cartridge. Mine was cracked on the back side and would leak profusely under boost and make it back to the crossover. If you need one, I have a brand new one in storage.

Under boost or all the time? Check the corrugated oil return line coming off the bottom of the turbo cartridge. Mine was cracked on the back side and would leak profusely under boost and make it back to the crossover. If you need one, I have a brand new one in storage.
will check it out, get up in air tomorrow- thanks for your input

Its a V6. No too cramped in there if you crawl in deep enough and have a good led flashlight you will spot it. A lift makes this soooo easy. It will probably be the back of the passenger side valve cover gasket too far inward and not sealing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Get the dye you put in the oil and check with a black light. You'd be surprised where oil can migrate from. Rear passenger valve cover gasket, rear of intake manifold, and pcv valve grommet are all good suspects, along with the turbo oil lines already mentioned.

Get the dye you put in the oil and check with a black light. You'd be surprised where oil can migrate from. Rear passenger valve cover gasket, rear of intake manifold, and pcv valve grommet are all good suspects, along with the turbo oil lines already mentioned.
Thank you for your assistance -

My oil pan was leaking on the crossover pipe, check that as well. If your engine is dirty, it might help to degrease it before you add in the dye but as was said before, the dye will show the leak quickly