valve cover breather

jlat

Hello people; You know the breather that's on the drivers side VC. Just about everyone has a filter on a adapter vendors sell that does the job. Is there any other product out there that seals better. The one on my car does not seal very well any more and it leaks more than I like....
thanks IBBY

There are a couple of vendors (Kirban's is one, I think) that sell a thicker gasket that helps a lot.

hello people; I do have a angled Kirban pc.that's been on for years. It use to seal nice but now the rubber gasket is deformed and it seals no more. I was wondering if anyone has come up with something else. I think there was a guy who had something from another make of car that worked. Do you think I could get a new seal?
IBBY

hello people; I e mailed Kirban to see if they had a replacement seal. They said it takes 24-48 hours to reply. I'll be back.
IBBY

Ordered the Kirban #1567 seal a few years back, always fit kind of loose. Doesn't leak and still pliable with the after market breather but would never work with the stock one.

hello people; I called Kirban and they told me to call Metco. I called Metco. They got away from the seal (thick washer) I described and now they use a o'ring as he said it seals better. He's sending me a couple. I'll be back.
IBBY