Valley Pan replacement for use with Fel-Pro 1200's. Where?

JToups386

I am wanting to use the Fel-Pro 1200 intake gaskets therefore eliminating the stock valley pan gasket, and I also planned to purchase and use the Oil Splash Baffle made Automotive Performance & Machine. However, they have gone out of business and I have not been able to find a similar product elsewhere.

Does anyone else make a piece like that? If so, who? My heads and intake are ported bigger than the ports in the stock valley pan so I really need to use the 1200's, but I also plan to keep my PCV in place and don't want to suck oil directly into it, hence the need for the baffle.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Jason

I bought one second-hand, but made a drawing before installing it. Try this with posterboard first and see what tweaking it might need...

Attachments

• manifold heat shield.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 173
Thank you S10xGN for the diagram. It looks very much like the piece I saw from the guy who has now stopped selling them.
Are you suggesting this can just be made with some pliable sheet metal?

Thank you S10xGN for the diagram. It looks very much like the piece I saw from the guy who has now stopped selling them.
Are you suggesting this can just be made with some pliable sheet metal?

Yes, this you can make at home with just a vise, some angle iron scraps and a hammer. You could prolly get by w/o the stiffening ribs since it's not a large piece. The one I bought needed some tweaking and since this DWG is from that piece, it'll need some fine tuning too.

Couldn't you just the the stock valley pan port areas off and use it? I believe I've seen that before.

Another option is to relocate PCV valve to the valve cover or a canister

This is what I have done over the years. I should have five or six in stock if you need one. Can be welded on, or bolted on as shown in the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 199
GNJack, what is the cost for the piece you showed? Will there be any clearance issues per my block, heads, and intake all having been milled/decked, etc? It looks like it extends awfully close to the mounting edges of the intake so I want to make sure there is enough buffer left per my surfaces all having less material on them, therefore less clearance.
Thank You everyone for the input.

This is what I have done over the years. I should have five or six in stock if you need one. Can be welded on, or bolted on as shown in the pic.

I've done it both ways in the past. Just like the one you have pictured and as a smaller baffle over the EGR hole.

As a sheet metal welder at a nuclear bomb plant I've made all kinds of cool stuff.

I don't run an EGR anymore so neither is needed anymore but I left the pan style one on the intake because it's welded on.

Even if you don't have a pcv valve I'd run the valley pan just to keep hot oil off of the bottom of the intake manifold. No data to back it up, but it sure seems one of those "can't hurt" things.

It won't really keep it any cooler, It would be marginal but like you said can't hurt.