Valley Pan Oil Splash Baffle - Where to get?

JToups386

I am wanting to use the Fel-Pro 1200 intake gaskets therefore eliminating the stock valley pan gasket, and I also planned to purchase and use the Oil Splash Baffle made Automotive Performance & Machine. However, they have gone out of business and I have not been able to find a similar product elsewhere.

Does anyone else make a piece like that? If so, who? My heads and intake are ported bigger than the ports in the stock valley pan so I really need to use the 1200's, but I also plan to keep my PCV in place and don't want to suck oil directly into it, hence the need for the baffle.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Jason

Wasn't there someone making a one-piece intake gasket that also served as a valley pan?… GM maybe?...

Claude.

Yes, the GM valley pan as well as the aftermarket versions are one piece, but this is what I'm trying to get away from. They are a metal gasket that comes matched to the factory head and intake ports and is not ideal for ported heads/intakes. I have friends who are running the separate baffle in place of the valley pan, but unfortunately the guy who makes those has retired and is no longer selling them.
I do not want to use the single valley pan setup, but rather use the Fel-Pro 1200 intake gaskets which are slightly larger port openings. I just still need to be able to keep the hot oil from splashing all over the bottom of the intake and getting sucked directly into the PCV valve. Hence my quest to find this particular piece. I would've thought there was more than one maker/vendor for it, but it's seemingly not.

386, just give it a couple hours, im sure one of engine builders or venders here will help they just havent seen your post yet

This is something we did a few years ago:

PCV BAFFLE.jpg

I've heard of taking a stock GM gasket and cutting the port flanges off, leaving just enough of an edge for the valley pan portion to catch, then using the FelPro style separate gaskets. Haven't done this myself so can't say exactly where the valley pan is supposed to catch, and it may need a dab of silicone in each corner to keep it in place, but if you can't find anything better try fitting up your old intake gasket.

I am wanting to use the Fel-Pro 1200 intake gaskets therefore eliminating the stock valley pan gasket, and I also planned to purchase and use the Oil Splash Baffle made Automotive Performance & Machine. However, they have gone out of business and I have not been able to find a similar product elsewhere.

Does anyone else make a piece like that? If so, who? My heads and intake are ported bigger than the ports in the stock valley pan so I really need to use the 1200's, but I also plan to keep my PCV in place and don't want to suck oil directly into it, hence the need for the baffle.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Jason

This is what we made which is a bit overkill....But i have also used a old stock intake gasket like james said and cut the ports off it and left some of the metal to bend as tabs to hold it in.
P1080191.JPG P1080192.JPG
Take the stock one and snap it into place then lay the felpro over it and you will begin to get the idea...of what needs cut off and where you can bend a tab at.
Or make up a baffle assembly like nick did, there are a few ways around it.
Do you have any one that could weld a baffle on it for you? If not you could leave mounting tabs on it and drill n tap then bolt it on the bottom of the manifold.

Thanks for the good input and photos Gents.
I really like what FastBlack did but it also looks like it required professional level fabrication.
Nick, the solution you showed seems more likely to fit my skill level, but I'm curious about the affects of hot oil splashing onto the bottom of the intake manifold since it appears you would not be using any sort of valley pan/baffle with that method. Are you not concerned about heating up the intake?

Previously I was tossing around the idea of cutting the valley pan as mentioned by y'all but wasn't sure it was an achievable idea. Now that both of you have suggested it as being a possibility I feel better about attempting that too since it's now not just a crazy idea in my own head.

Thanks again,
Jason

Thanks for the good input and photos Gents.
I really like what FastBlack did but it also looks like it required professional level fabrication.
Nick, the solution you showed seems more likely to fit my skill level, but I'm curious about the affects of hot oil splashing onto the bottom of the intake manifold since it appears you would not be using any sort of valley pan/baffle with that method. Are you not concerned about heating up the intake?

Previously I was tossing around the idea of cutting the valley pan as mentioned by y'all but wasn't sure it was an achievable idea. Now that both of you have suggested it as being a possibility I feel better about attempting that too since it's now not just a crazy idea in my own head.

Thanks again,
Jason
GN1 performance has this

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 75
I have one that I did not end up using. Don't have any plans at this time using it. Bought it quite sometime ago.