Valley Pan interference.....Can't fully seat PVC Valve

GSTOY

I've got the engine out to replace my transmission and also to find out where my oil leaks are coming from. Engine is a fairly fresh rebuild, and I think a majority of the leaks where coming from the back of the valve covers not fully seating because I use the rocker shaft braces. Anyhow, I'm also replacing the clicky comps so the intake has to come off. I noticed I must have cut the bottom of the PVC valve off (PVC valve still fully intact and clears the valley pan) because it won't fully seat with the valley pan in place. What's the consensus of the group on how to handle this? I'm thinking of making a cut in the valley pan so that the new PVC can fully seat. I've got a new PVC on order from one of the vendors here on the board. Thoughts everyone?

I don't recall the pcv going that deep into the manifold. Maybe that's not the correct one or incorrect grommet.
Best wait until the new one comes in and compare them.

Yea the valve doesn't go that far down. Make sure to have the correct grommet and or intake manifold gasket

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you replacing the cam as well? Maybe post some pictures.

I've got a new grommet and pvc ordered from Kirban, so once it arrives I will have a comparison to what I currently have. I'm only changing out the comp lifters, getting noisy and am going with the Morel roller lifters to see how they perform.

I've got a new grommet and pvc ordered from Kirban, so once it arrives I will have a comparison to what I currently have. I'm only changing out the comp lifters, getting noisy and am going with the Morel roller lifters to see how they perform.
Very quiet might I add. Have them currently.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I believe the pushrods have to be replaced also when going from the Comp lifters to the Morel lifters.

I believe the pushrods have to be replaced also when going from the Comp lifters to the Morel lifters.
You are very correct...pushrods must also be changed. Forgot to mention those are also being replaced.