Vacuum conversion

busta

Aloha everyone!

I’m doing the vacuum brake conversion, and I can’t remove the adapter plate that converts from the 4 bolt mount on the firewall to the two bolt mounting pad. I removed the four interior bolts, and all the bolts are no longer held by anything on the inside, yet, it won’t come out.

From the engine, I pried three of the four bolts and they’re ready to come out once the fourth bolt loosens (they remove as one), but the bolt on the driver side bottom won’t budge at all. Strangely, this is the only bolt that didn’t have a nut holding it in.

Mahalo!

nobody has got back to you I'm sure because we can't visualize what can hold you up. unless you did not remove the pedal rod.
I lived on the big island for 20 years I had one car that was a rust bucket it came out easy and the good car it was a breeze too.
what island are you on? Squid for life is on Oahu is a good Brother and probable help.

Isn't one if them double nutted? I kinda remember that but it's been a few years and the mind is starting to go.

Thanks for the responses. I’m embarrassed to say that after destroying the push nut to finally remove it after a day, I pulled the carpet back and found another nut below it. I wrongly assumed the push nut was all but was very wrong. That was a wasted two days, lol

But yes, I’m on Oahu.

I recently came back from vacation on the Big Island. its A lot more fun than it used to be. Lol