vacuum brake conversion parts

aznturboboi

Does anyone have parts for the powermaster to vacuum brake conversion? My powermaster is about to crap out and i dont feel safe driving it anymore. Thanks

You will need:

Vacuum booster/Master Cyl from a G-body vehicle. (dont forget the check valve/filter)

Pedal assembly from the same vehicle.

Billet Vacuum block with the accessory port

3/8" hose

thanks. i checked out abc junkyard today and no luck. does anyone have spare parts willing to sell?

Pull out the driver's side seat before starting! Makes the job much easier... :)

Thanks guys for all the responses. So I saw the ad on CL and I went down to take off thew conversion parts. The thing is that I just took the brake PEDAL not the pedal ASSEMBLY. So I was just wondering if the assembly is the same thing as the buick one or am I'm screwed or is there a way to mount the booster to the stock pedal assembly. Thanks

Thanks guys for all the responses. So I saw the ad on CL and I went down to take off thew conversion parts. The thing is that I just took the brake PEDAL not the pedal ASSEMBLY. So I was just wondering if the assembly is the same thing as the buick one or am I'm screwed or is there a way to mount the booster to the stock pedal assembly. Thanks

You can use just the pedal... I think... I've always taken bracket and all since you have to unbolt the 4 bolts to remove the booster too...

the only difference is in the pedal where the rod attatches.

You can just use the pedal; although its much easier to loosen the column and replace the whole bracket w/pedal.

I did it that way on my first GN back in '95 or so...

Just finished the vacuum conversion today and everything runs well. thanks for all the help guys. :biggrin:

How can you tell the pedals apart? I have one here that I don't remember if it was an old powermaster or a vacuum one. I'd like to know if I have the correct one before I tear into the car.

How can you tell the pedals apart? I have one here that I don't remember if it was an old powermaster or a vacuum one. I'd like to know if I have the correct one before I tear into the car.

I've got a powermaster setup including the perdal at home... I'll snap some pics and post them up

I found some pics on tomsttype.com

My luck, I have a powermaster pedal. I must have had this since 1996. Oh well, off to the bone yard in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to find one still.