vacume issues

equalizer442

ive got a whale of a problem on my hands, every vacume line under my hood is dry rotted and the car runs like crap (been setting for a long time) where can i find some vacume diagrams and can you still get those thin vacume lines and other odd balls that are under the hood?

does the map sensor have any thing to do with the boost gauge? it wasent working so i pluged it and the egr valve back up the it worked.

can you still get those little lines?

does the map sensor have any thing to do with the boost gauge? it wasent working so i pluged it and the egr valve back up the it worked.

can you still get those little lines?

yep, MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor provides the signal to the boost gauge.

Don't know where to get the little lines.... haven't had the joy of having to replace them..... yet.... If necessary, you can just use regular rubber vac hose.

Car running any better? You need to replace ALL the vac lines. Even small vac leaks make these cars run like crap....

Agree, I had the pleasure(yeah right) of chasing a vac leak for days.Pinched off the EGR valve and that was a major score.Kept digging and found the gasket from the doghouse to manifold was also ready to cut loose.Don't forget the injectors and ball under the D/S apron!

If you can't find the hard lines, I slip the hard lines into a small rubber hose and then zip-tie it.

Auto Zone carries the hard lines, not sure if they are the right diameter though.

two questions, first off, i replaced the map sensor hard line with a large vacume line, ive still got 15 lbs vac at idle will the larger line affect the boost levels or any thing else?

second thing, whats the ball under the D/S apron?

Replaced mine with a tad bit bigger line ,no change in boost but look further,I was pullin 15 and change now he has 20"vac at idle 17-18 in gear might be sumthin else lurking there.....:confused: