Vaccum lines...omg

I used 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8" silicone hoses when I re-did mine a few months ago. The 3/8 was a little big to the vacuum block, so i used a hose clamp to hold it - fit fine to the PCV valve and such, though.

Anthony P

OE sizes are 5/32, 7/32 and 11/32.

the diagram in the sticky helps a lot. here are some pics from the hot air display engine that help visualize the diagram
P1020503.JPG P1020504.JPG P1020505.JPG P1020506.JPG P1020507.JPG P1020508.JPG P1020510.JPG P1020517.JPG

Anthony P

Great idea Jerryl. just uploaded them and the shop manual image from post #1... no links... to prevent broken links and loss of pics if this board ever has a server failure again.

I think I'm getting it cleaned up. Quick question on the first picture. Theres a line coming out of the turbo, but I can't find where it goes to? Any help? I was getting confused at the diagrams because the vacuums on the valve cover were moved to the firewall. Man i swear I'm dense!

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
I think I'm getting it cleaned up. Quick question on the first picture. Theres a line coming out of the turbo, but I can't find where it goes to? Any help? I was getting confused at the diagrams because the vacuums on the valve cover were moved to the firewall. Man i swear I'm dense!
Take a look at the picture in the sticky post#1, and the picture in the post from Anthony.

Also a good idea to read/study all the stickies if you plan on doing the work yourself.