v6 camaraslow

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
Ok first of all im not trying to pick on any v6 camaro he started it. Well I was sitting at the local hangout talking to some of my friends and whatnot just chillin and a new person showes up in an 88 v6 rs camaro. Well being the friendly guy that I am I walked up and introduced my self and started a conversation about his car. You know just asking questions trying to break the ice. Well after talking to him I figurd he knew about cars and such and I told him I the black v6 buick. Well when I said v6 his eyes kinda lit up. Well just jokin around I asked if he wanted to run. Most people say no, that they have herd about the GN's and don't wanna run me and have a good laugh at it. Well he contemplated it and said yes:eek: . I asked him if he was serouis and he wanted to go. Well not bragging but of course I cleaned him and he never returned for the rest of the night. :rolleyes:. Just goes to show how much people don't really understand what are cars are.

Later

Andy

dude... thats just wrong. you barassed a ,sounds like, good guy. but i understand liking the feeling when you beat someone and they're like :eek: .

Not wishing this on anyone, but could you imagine that was a cop?? Playing stupid, you offer to race.... you blow his doors off and he calls out his buddy in a patrol car to nail you with a racing ticket! Sorry... a V6 Camaro isn't worth it. Even for embarassment.

Yes, people should know better, but still.

Well he wouldent leave me alone and just kept on asking me to race. besides i don't think that there are many 17 year old cops out there

sorry i did not make it clear. Yes I asked him to race and at first he said no then he changed his mind and would not shut up. Sorry i did not make that clear, that was kind of a key part to the story. I was just trying to show that there are people that afer 16 years they still don't have a clue as to what a Grand National is, even people who are into fast cars. Thats all this post was for, not to show how cool I am because my car can kill a v6 camaro or anything like that. I hope you guys did not get the wrong impression of me

Andy

The '80s RS Camaros had V8s. Not TPI through. RS stands for "Real Slow".

Originally posted by gn85
Not wishing this on anyone, but could you imagine that was a cop?? Playing stupid, you offer to race.... you blow his doors off and he calls out his buddy in a patrol car to nail you with a racing ticket! Sorry... a V6 Camaro isn't worth it. Even for embarassment.

Yes, people should know better, but still.

I'm sure a slight variation of this has happened befor. The message I get from this is, be careful when running a stranger to eager to run.

That guy saved his ass by telling everyone that it was a 10 second GNX, that shot flames and had the front end 3 feet off the ground when it launched. And a big NOS sitcker on the back window.

Nick

Originally posted by lyonsd
The '80s RS Camaros had V8s. Not TPI through. RS stands for "Real Slow".

Some of them had 2.8's in them. someone told me a select few had 4 cylenders, but im not shue if it is true:confused:

A few of my buddies have these cars,
1985 Camaro IROC Z w/ 305 TPI, auto - slow
1987 Trans Am w/ 305 TPI, auto, modded - slow
1991 Camaro RS w/ 305 TPI, 5 spd, modded - quick
1993 Camaro Z28 w/ 305 TPI, auto, modded - quick
1992 Camaro w/ 572 c.i. all motor, 9.72 1/4 mile - FAAAST!
The four cylinder Camaro was the Beriletta (however its spelled). If that guy had a 305 most likely it wouldnt have been quick, even thought it does have an eight, it is a dog unless the person has spent the money to tap into the power. The cars can't hook up even with little power, unless suspension components have been upgraded. I generally dont worry when it comes to 80's Camaros/Trans Ams, but there are a few to watch out for.

Nick

Originally posted by I eat Z06
A few of my buddies have these cars,
1985 Camaro IROC Z w/ 305 TPI, auto - slow
1987 Trans Am w/ 305 TPI, auto, modded - slow
1991 Camaro RS w/ 305 TPI, 5 spd, modded - quick
1993 Camaro Z28 w/ 305 TPI, auto, modded - quick
1992 Camaro w/ 572 c.i. all motor, 9.72 1/4 mile - FAAAST!
The four cylinder Camaro was the Beriletta (however its spelled). If that guy had a 305 most likely it wouldnt have been quick, even thought it does have an eight, it is a dog unless the person has spent the money to tap into the power. The cars can't hook up even with little power, unless suspension components have been upgraded. I generally dont worry when it comes to 80's Camaros/Trans Ams, but there are a few to watch out for.

Nick

I thought the Berlinetta was a 3.8 6cyl:confused:

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
I thought the Berlinetta was a 3.8 6cyl:confused:

I don't think they were 3.8s.. however, 2.8s and I think 3.1s later on.

The four cylinder Camaros were designated "F41" if I remember right. Only way I remember this is because there use to be one I would see on my way to school about 15 years ago.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
I'm sure a slight variation of this has happened befor. The message I get from this is, be careful when running a stranger to eager to run.

Exactly my point. Not trying to be a kill joy. That's why I'm hesitant about street racing. I've seen some cops pull off some evil stuff before. Near where I live in the US, the police hover high overhead in a chopper and watch the main street from above. As they say, "nothing can outrun the radio". If I'm going to get caught.. I'm gonna do it busting someones a$$, not on a ricer or a jumpy kid with dads V6 Camaro.

I generally dont worry when it comes to 80's Camaros/Trans Ams, but there are a few to watch out for.

What the hell is this? :mad:

You have to be kidding me. These cars are so Easy to swap almost any small block you can think of into. Or a Supercharged L98, or a Turbo V6, or a ... just anythign you can imagine. I hve even seen 502's wedged between the fenders. :eek:

In my area, the fastest cars on the Streets are the late 80's F-bods and Rustangs.

Suspension parts are readily availble, and since you can easly rip out the computer and swap in a 400hp carbed 350(ala my brothers LS1 stomping 89 RS) getting one of these to run low 13's in perfect street trim can cost under $8000 including the price of the car, motor, suspension, and whatever it takes to look good. Swap in a nice Nitrous kit and low 12's are push of the button away.

I don't know where you got this crazy notion, maybe all the people in your area are keeping theirs stock :rolleyes: ( and a stock one sucks, I will admit that :D ).

well, around here, there is a guy with a v-6 camaro on ALOT of NOS that runs 12.90's at the track. Just a V_6 too.....................

I generally dont worry when it comes to 80's Camaros/Trans Ams, but there are a few to watch out for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell is this?

Like I said, there are a few to watch out for.