Using a TTA as a driver.

oh, this combo is just what I have for now. I need to get a good feel for a car before I start upgrading turbos and turning the wick up. I want to know everything is working as it should. kinda like a DD.

oh, this combo is just what I have for now. I need to get a good feel for a car before I start upgrading turbos and turning the wick up. I want to know everything is working as it should. kinda like a DD.

I know what u mean still havent had my new motor with the 70 gtq over 10 lbs

you will be needing one of these soon

68da5da9.jpg

I've posted pictures of this before, but I modded a BGC 23 row stock location intercooler to fit mine. It uses the stock brackets and has the same if not more ground clearance than the factory air scoop. I had to do some minor mods to the stock IC brackets and use an aftermarket fan though. Car never goes over 180* even in the summer.

Picture025.jpg

Red Armstrong told me to put the biggest intercooler inside the car that I could. Well I did.lol This one is 15 row with a blended 3" neck.

Nice piece but the shroud very very low. I modded the stock shroud to fit instead.

I think a Dutt neck with a blended neck is a great option for us.

For the Heads, the exhaust port is too short and the com. chambers are so damn small.

I think a companies like Total Engine Airflow or West Coast Cylinder Heads may be able to get a little more out of them...maybe. Someone like Tony Mamo of AFR.

But the best bet would be switching to a GN style alum head since I will be keeping this car.

Joe
intercooler.JPG

I know what u mean still havent had my new motor with the 70 gtq over 10 lbs
And this example below is why we do this.
1hr ago I just found my electronic FP gauge was off oooooh.... only 20psi low!!!
Car was super rich...breaking up all over the place. Threw a FP gauge on the line and varified the faulty Autometer FP sending unit.
Car is now at 16psi/street chip/alky on 5 and tuning from there.
Getting to know these cars is a long drawn out process, but really worth it in the end.

BTW,
Joe, Your a show off! That is a nice IC! Got your text on the Maf pipe too... Just been busy tuning my car.

Jack merkel built my motor with a 21/212 roller je pistons all billet mains rjc girdle an crank scraper. He also did work on the oil passages an massaged my heads

If the heads are ported I wouldn't be concerned about them being enough of a bottleneck to keep you out of the 9's. They are an improvement over a stock GN head on the exhaust side at least. I'd say you could run 125 with less than 25 pounds of boost.

I will include people like JD, Razor (Julio), and Myself who will beg to differ on this. There is a limit with a TTA head. And that limit is 130mph. We have been there done that testing. Cylinder pressures and poor combustion/exhaust combustion.

Either put GN heads on it or leave these cars for the low 11s-high 10s.

And that limit is 130mph. We have been there done that testing. Cylinder pressures and poor combustion/exhaust combustion.

133/134mph right? TurboWS6 pushed his to 10.3X @ 128.XX That's the fastest TTA (TTA headed) right now I think? TTAfan's car is very very fast too.

Joe

I went 128.92 last summer with TTA heads and exhaust and I feel the combo is pretty maxed. That is with a weber stroker bottom end, standard bore pistons.

133/134mph right? TurboWS6 pushed his to 10.3X @ 128.XX That's the fastest TTA (TTA headed) right now I think? TTAfan's car is very very fast too.Joe
I went 10.6 at 131 popping head gasket at 1000' mark. I tried oringing heads, cometic, victor reinz silicore (stage 2 gasket). Julio's car went 10.5 at 130ish something and popped head gaskets frequent. Same with JD's TTA. Keeping heads down on these cars with that high of cylinder pressures is hard.

Just to clarify,
JD's TTA was Julio's old car. I forget who JD sold the car to and he just told me like yesterday.

Anyway, my car will be pushed this summer.Of course with a different combo tho. I'll be burnin the corn.

The fastest I ever went in my TTA was 126.5. Ported stock heads and factory shortblock. Dutt neck IC too. 26lbs of boost. Weight was right at 3750lbs

Yes it is jarred and its off of Julios personal car that he went 10.50's with

My car went 10.50 with the Jim Dunn inter cooler and I just got a tony dequick front mount so excited to see what effect it has!

I just don't know exactly how to install it yet

Keeping heads down on these cars with that high of cylinder pressures is hard.

I came to the conclusion that the best option is to get a nice set of heads done from Champion. SMALL roller cam and let the boost do it's thing.

Joe

im not kocking champion .. Owner is an outstanding guy .. i run champion heads, but you do know there are better porters n polishers ?