Used to know this what engine did the High TQ Start come off of?

1987T

Looking for 10's
Like the little says back in the day we used to just go to the auto parts store and get a high TQ Starter off I thought it was an LT1 camaro But I cant find any info on this subject any place for some reason

Can some please refresh my Memory as I need one for my new Engine as my factory starter broke the poles off the back while removing it from the old engine. So I just figured I may as well change it out to a smaller lighter one.
P/N would be great but just the year and Model will work :)

Thank you in advance

Look up the 1994 Corvette Grand Sport. LT1/LT5 (ZR1).

That's what I put on mine, and it fit like a glove. Had to buy a longer battery cable to reach it, though.

Thank you Turbo6inKY never had to change cables on the one we used to use But Ill give it try for sure unless someone else knows another one. I do remember changing the bolts out though they were shorter I think

Look up the 1994 Corvette Grand Sport. LT1/LT5 (ZR1).

That's what I put on mine, and it fit like a glove. Had to buy a longer battery cable to reach it, though.
I don't think this is the starter he is talking about,but it is the best factory gear reduction starter out there. The other popular gear reduction starters used in the TB community are a crap shoot. I believe he is talking about the large heavy non gear reduction style starters that GM has used for 60+ years. If this is the case,the factory GN starter is a high torque version of this type of starter. The problem is that the aftermarket will often sell you a low torque version of this starter,

Ya the lt4 one is wrong just got back from the auto parts store def. not it.
He pulled a bunch they stocked and not one was what I was looking for lol. Felt bad for the kid helping (Maybe not a kid but im old so he sure looked like a kid) LMBO

Ya the lt4 one is wrong
Is this the starter you were shown at the auto parts store?This is the best gear reduction starter you can get. I got mine from a salvage yard for $50.00.

https://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette/product/starter-remanufactured-57-611809-1

If you want the high torque version of the GM starter that has been used for some 60 years and came stock on the Grand Nationals,this is it. It spins the engine faster than any other starter,but is very heavy.

https://www.highwaystars.net/starter-acdelco-original/

Yea someone is trying to revive one from 2009 in the "General Buick Tech" section. I think your infinite knowledge is needed in that thread. LOL and I have the popcorn ready.