Used Car Suggestions AWD

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Well after driving a Turbo Buick for 30 years it's time for a good reliable winter car.

Looked at Subaru Legacy Limited 3.6R and Ford Taurus SHO's so far, 2012-2015.

Not that many around and all the dealers want a premium for them used.

Anything else similar out there?

Cadillac SRX's are nice but even more expensive. I like performance wagons etc.

No trucks or large SUVs.

I keep cars until they die so it has to be a premium loaded AWD preferably with a performance package.

Any help would be appreciated to expand my search.

Price range would be $15K optimum $20K if necessary for a lower mileage example.

Oh yeah it's gotta have an Astroroof available. :cool:

Subaru made a turbo 4 Outback, last year was 09. They were pretty nice. My wife has had their wagons since 2000 and loves them. Personally I have tried many times to get them stuck on purpose and never been able to. There are many more newer ones with the 6. I'm not familiar with how they perform but they still have all the same usefulness. Very good NE car.

I daily drive a Infiniti G37XS sedan, it is AWD, gets decent MPG (avg 23ish), and it's basicly Nissan parts. I drive alot and overall it is pretty fun to drive. Excellent in the snow on all season tires but I hear they do really well with snow tires. They can be picked up under $20K. I'd suggest driving one and see if you like it.

Thanks for the help I'll check them out.

If they put a 4 or 5 speed auto. in the WRX STI I'd get one of those. :cool:

You can get the smaller turbo motor in the WRX with a rubber band CVT tranny but if I was going to buy one I'd want the high output turbo 2.5 not the 2.0.

I checked out a few Acuras which are pricey loaded AWD, I'll check out the Infiniti's as well.

I'd really like a 3.6R Outback but they cost more than the Legacy in Limited trim used. :(

MPG doesn't matter much to me been driving a premium gas guzzler for the past 30 years it's in the budget now. :p

I daily drive a Infiniti G37XS sedan, it is AWD, gets decent MPG (avg 23ish), and it's basicly Nissan parts. I drive alot and overall it is pretty fun to drive. Excellent in the snow on all season tires but I hear they do really well with snow tires. They can be picked up under $20K. I'd suggest driving one and see if you like it.

I will second this. I had two G37X's and they were pretty decent cars. They come pretty well loaded, have really good long term reliability (provided they haven't had the crap driven out of them), are phenomenal in the snow especially with winter tires and mid 5 second 0 - 60 times (not too shabby for a daily driver). The only downfall is you have to run premium gas, especially the 3.7 l engine.

Ditto on Infinity. Had 2, great in snow and plenty of power. And you don't have to run premium gas. Both of mine ran well (g35x, q50) with 89. Never an issue. I would occasionally throw the good stuff in, but it really isn't needed unless you're really beating on it (and I don't drive my cars easy).

I have a 13 SHO with a tune, over the axle exhaust, intake and it is a blast to drive. No issues in the snow when I lived in CO.

We've owned several Honda CRV's since 1998, just bought our 17 model. Smaller SUV, budget friendly, quite economical with fuel, it will probably out live you, and offered in AWD. Gonna be hard to beat the dependability of Honda.

I've had a total of 4 subarus.... an 82 , 84 and 85 all selectable low/high 4wd with 5 spd. Now have a '16 forester ( Wife's car ) with the CVT. Drove the heck out of the '80's wagons and never had any problems, mechanically or in snow or on muddy / easy trails out west. ( They even had skid plates protecting engine and tranny.) Love those little cars, practical as hell (Wish I could find another one.)
With regard to the CVT, it's little strange at first, but you do get used to it.
My DD is an '08 ford AWD trimmed out 6cyl escape with 128k miles. I know it's a ford, but it has been a great car and very comfortable on long trips. And it has an absolute killer stereo from the factory FWIW.

Good Stuff thanks for the replys. :)

Still searching and I've looked at many of these listed. :cool:

Herb Chambers in Mass. has a ton of 2013 G37X's loaded seemed to be some decent prices in there as well.

When I think of the T.R. I could buy for that money however, I just close my browser.... ;):po_O

Ditto on Infinity. Had 2, great in snow and plenty of power. And you don't have to run premium gas. Both of mine ran well (g35x, q50) with 89. Never an issue. I would occasionally throw the good stuff in, but it really isn't needed unless you're really beating on it (and I don't drive my cars easy).
You can use non-premium fuel at your own peril. The owner's manual and gas tank door clearly state "Premium Fuel Only" on our 2009 G37xS.

I also recommend a G37x(S). We've had our 2009 for 5 years and zero issues. It's great in the snow, even with summer tires. Great acceleration and handling. Used prices on Infinitis are not as high as Acura/Lexus.

You can get away with 89 octane with the 3.5 litre, but not with the 3.7 litre engine. The compression ratio is just too high.

Lincoln MKS with Ecoboost. Basically a SHO with a nicer interior.
f4b2f45476b04fc656ed80f11f4f24c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a Volvo V70 R 2005-2007 and comes optioned with a 3rd pedal. Check SwedeSpeed.com

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I like the Lincoln too, didn't know it had the same twin turbo available. :cool:

Looks like Infiniti is now Turbo'ing their motors and even have a Hot Rod Red Sport 400 version $$$. :eek:

No Volvos, had one in 1977, A 144 I think it was.... :poop: ;)

I need a good $20K more so I can buy something new... :)