Used and abused pile...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member

Never fails to amaze me how people can let these cars go to that level of shit.

*****There was a car like that in my area. The "owner" was a pack rat and absolute slob. The car was drive able but filled with empty coffee cups, fast food wrappers, and other junk. There was a "for sale" sign on the car (for years...), and I remember thinking that if I were trying to sell a car, I'd at least wash it and vacuum it out. He was asking $7500 for the car and I remember him complaining that people were "lowballing" him and he knows what he has... The owner died of a heart attack (guess all that fast food really IS bad!), and I think the car got junked, along with most everything else he owned. He had seen my GN (It's clean...) and jokingly (I hope) asked if I wanted to trade cars... :rolleyes:

I'm also amazed that people can live in filth like that, and don't seem to see dirt, or empty coffee cups, and crap all over the place.

*****I'm also amazed that people can live in filth like that, and don't seem to see dirt, or empty coffee cups, and crap all over the place.

I’m a real estate appraiser by trade and you’d be amazed (no actually you’d be horrified) at some of the things I see! Don’t watch much tv but every now and then I see an ad for a show called “Hoarders” and it always catches my eye. Because I know full well that those people exist. And you see it from the shacks on up to the high dollar homes as well. Houses with newspapers and junk stacked up chest high with nothing more than a path way to front and rear doors, kitchen, bathroom and bed and that’s it.

At first it didn’t bother me all that much, as I guess I got used to it. But, now as soon as I hit that drivers seat, I’m reaching for the anti bacterial pump and I’ll usually wipe it on my hands, two if not three times depending upon how bad it is. So, yeah people are strange animals!! Lol!!

Dealing with the public makes every day a surprise these days, as you never know what you’re gonna see next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went & looked at a GN many years ago. It was located in a run-down trailer park. Poor thing had been outside in the rain & the weeds for a long time. Just about every aspect of the car was wasted. Barely worthy as a "core". Made me angry & disgusted to see it that way.

Last edited:
I’m a real estate appraiser by trade and you’d be amazed (no actually you’d be horrified) at some of the things I see! Don’t watch much tv but every now and then I see an ad for a show called “Hoarders” and it always catches my eye. Because I know full well that those people exist. And you see it from the shacks on up to the high dollar homes as well. Houses with newspapers and junk stacked up chest high with nothing more than a path way to front and rear doors, kitchen, bathroom and bed and that’s it.

At first it didn’t bother me all that much, as I guess I got used to it. But, now as soon as I hit that drivers seat, I’m reaching for the anti bacterial pump and I’ll usually wipe it on my hands, two if not three times depending upon how bad it is. So, yeah people are strange animals!! Lol!!

Dealing with the public makes every day a surprise these days, as you never know what you’re gonna see next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a woman a few streets over that is a hoarder. She's got 3 cars in the driveway unregistered filled to the brim with junk, 3 more in the back yard. Her house is the same. There is a 56 Ford T bird in the garage buried under that crap that was her husbands. Think she always had a problem but after he passed she went to a totally different level. Definitely a sickness, not just lazy or a slob.

This was back in 1972, went to this guys house in RI who was my cousin's friend that was a big street racer and a brilliant engine builder or say just had the touch to put things together perfect. Could make a small block 327 sing to 8+ grand. He had the most ratty looking 55 chevy that nothing seemed to be able to come close to beating.
Anyway, he decided he was going to a 396 and wanted us to come take a look. Thought we were going to the garage but he had it on his living room floor. Place was a dump and I'm being polite. Remember stepping on something laying on the floor and it was a slice of bread. Guess his wife didn't mind. The place had the essence of Quaker State 10w-40.
What was funny too was he talked like he was somewhat of a tard but wasn't and he asks me, "Do you have a unit, I have a unit" I was naive back then and didn't know a "unit" was a car that could get rubber in all 4 gears, lol.
If you're out there, hi Ernie.

If the engine and tranny were sound it could be up and running in a week. :cool:

No waiting YEARS for a shiny motor, shiny paint, Kahuna guru Tuna, special fabbed parts, etc. etc. etc. :eek::p

Now back to "Hoarders" ..... and stay off my property. ;)

i bought it from the original owner’s friend in Ohio, but technically, I’m the second owner. It sat in high grass since the late 90s, and it’s really rusty. He said his buddy parked it after the trans started slipping. Odo shows 18,000 so it’s prob 118000.

The drivetrain is all there. It’s bone stock. Fenders and hood are pretty rust free and the header panel is nice. If it doesn’t sell in the next few days, I’ll prob pull the ad and hoard it.